Rotochute/Rotobuggy Info for auction 31.7.14

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 3 months

Just saw this item thats up for auction on the 31st by Dreweatts of Bristol, lot 274.

Bob T.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years 3 months

Looks like a copy of the AFEE report Res 14. I'll be interested in what it fetches as I also have a copy, but in better condition.

Member for

20 years

Just saw this item thats up for auction on the 31st by Dreweatts of Bristol, lot 274.

Bob T.

How do formerly restricted official files like that get on to the open market? It's the sort of document that should be in the Museum of Army Flying archives.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Strange...there is no lot number 274 on that day?

Member for

16 years 3 months

How do formerly restricted official files like that get on to the open market? It's the sort of document that should be in the Museum of Army Flying archives.

There is a copy (Hafner's personal copy?) of this report at Middle Wallop as part of the Hafner papers.
Interestingly the auction is in Bristol where Hafner moved to (Bristol Helicopters) after his time at the AFEE, any connection I wonder?
Looking at the report's circulation list there were 62 official copies made so I'm sure the odd one would be saved in someone's private papers to reach the auction house 70 years later.

Member for

15 years 7 months

some photographs relevant to this topic - from a 1960s aviation magazine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]230653[/ATTACH]

Attachments