Boeing Stearman ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 9 months

Can any one put an identity to a "Stearman" or very similar aircraft, seen flying over and around Snetterton Race Circuit, today ?

It was yellow over all, with what looked like a green band around its rear fuselage.

Didn't have a camera with me so can't supply any pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

The colour scheme matches early USN trainer markings...many Stearmans (actually Boeings if one wants to get too pedantic) have those markings.

Member for

15 years 2 months

There are several Stearmans based in the Snetterton area, the one you describe would be the Old Buckenham based G-OBEE which wears an overall yellow scheme with green bands. It's an authentic scheme, however it has been referred to, on occasion by several members of the public, as the Stearman with the Norwich City FC colours!

Member for

20 years 8 months

How insulting - referring to an aircraft colour scheme in connection with something as mundane as football.

Member for

20 years 3 months

It was indeed G-OBEE, in USN colours, coded 174. I spent the weekend loading passengers into it...

Member for

12 years 9 months

Thanks for the info, everybody. It was flying around the Circuit area again today.

I was too busy Flag waving and recovering broken motorbikes and riders (marshaling) to see the registration.