Hunter T7 XL618 moves from Caernarfon to Newark Air Museum

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Greetings All,

Just to say Lakes Lightnings have recently taken ownership of complete airframe (no engine) Hawker Hunter T7 XL618 based at Caernarfon Airfield and today, 19th June 14 we are pleased to announce we are in the process of a road move to her new place of residence at Newark Air Museum.

She joins the Lakes Lightning 'fleet' of 11 other aircraft/nose sections currently in our collection up in the South Lakes, available for viewing but STRICTLY by prior appointment.

Our contact email is in Wrecks and Relics.

Fly Safe ....

Attachments
Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

The lorry(s?) with XL618 are safely on the Southfield Site at Newark Air Museum. :eagerness:

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi Neil

Have sent you a PM about another matter:cool:

John

Member for

24 years 3 months

Another of its incarnations at Caernarfon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]229383[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

16 years 6 months

Brilliant !! Thanks for saving her Neil, (pm sent)

Bill T.

Member for

12 years 1 month

Great she's arrived intact. I might have a set of Hunter intake blanks around here somewhere if required TO.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Thanks for that offer – some sort of intake blank was fitted, but I didn’t have a close enough look earlier today to see whether it was the correct one. I need to check it out sometime!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Thanks for that offer – some sort of intake blank was fitted, but I didn’t have a close enough look earlier today to see whether it was the correct one. I need to check it out sometime!

Sorry to thread hijack but if Howard doesnt need the blanks- we're desperate for a set for WN904 at Sywell :)

ATB

TT

Member for

12 years 1 month

I've found the blanks, they need some TLC but are perfectly good.

So i'll leave it to you guys to decide who needs them more.

Cheers,

mike

Member for

20 years 1 month

I've found the blanks, they need some TLC but are perfectly good.

So i'll leave it to you guys to decide who needs them more.

Cheers,

mike

Thanks Mike!

Over to you Mr H!

ATB

TT

Member for

18 years 2 months

Thanks for the offer Mike. :)

The T7 seems to have a similar type of blank applied to the F1 that’s in Hangar 2, so I cannot say that NAM would definitely request them.

That said the T7 is on loan to NAM so the owner might like to put in a request.

One further thought are the intakes the same on the different variants?

Member for

20 years 1 month

Think they're the same Howard - if you guys don't need em - we desperately do! ATB TT

Member for

12 years 1 month

I've had a quick look today and under the top layer of paint I can make out markings for "RAE Bedford" which in theory would make them as used on a T7. If I have some time on Sunday I'll get them into the workshop and post some pics. They will need straightening, freeing off and painting to make them presentable but they'll go again :-)

Member for

18 years 2 months

Mike, I'm happy to let Sywell have first dibs on this one, if you are of course!! :)

Member for

12 years 1 month

Great stuff TO, that's one thing off the shopping list for Sywell.

I'm notoriously bad at getting rid of things but they are much better off painted up and protecting a jet than adorning the wall of my man cave (assuming we ever get our house sold and move!)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Great stuff TO, that's one thing off the shopping list for Sywell.

I'm notoriously bad at getting rid of things but they are much better off painted up and protecting a jet than adorning the wall of my man cave (assuming we ever get our house sold and move!)

Hi Mike and Howard - brilliant! Thanks chaps Mike please let me know how we can sort out getting them from you and how much you're asking of course! [email]sywellaviationmuseum@gmail.com[/email] All the best and thanks again Ben

Member for

20 years 1 month

Mike is very kindly sprucing them up and donating them to Sywell Aviation Museum - what a top bloke - thanks guys! ATB TT

Member for

18 years 1 month

Greetings All,

Ive not been on the forum for a while and missed this until now.

Im glad Sywell have the Hunter intake blanks as 'Lakes Lightnings', owners of T7 XL618 already have a set of intake blanks for her which was unbeknown to NAM.

The process of 'de-salinating' XL618 from years sat by the Caernarfon sea will start in September.

Questions have been asked about colour schemes and Id just like to say, we propose to keep her in 'training raspberry ripple' colours as she already is IF NAM agree to that proposal.

Fly safe

Member for

18 years 2 months

I would imagine that 'training raspberry ripple' colours should be acceptable to NAM; it would add weight to their fast developing training aircraft theme!

Good news on the intake blanks. :)