Looking for AP4309A Vol. 5, parts 2, 3 and 4

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 11 months

Evening all,

Would anybody have a copy (or even better: a scanned example) of AirMin publication A.P.4309A-Sedbergh TX Mk. 1 light glider, Vol. 5? I have most volumes of this publication, but am missing Volume 4 (Planned servicing schedules) and Volume 5, Parts 2,3 &4 (Daily, intermediate, pre-flight, after flight, minor and major servicing schedules). And it's just these sections that would be very beneficial to get an aircraft maintenance programme approved...

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

Eric,

Have you looked on 'Scale Soaring UK' website library.

Dave

Member for

14 years 11 months

Eric,

Have you looked on 'Scale Soaring UK' website library.

Dave

Yes I have Dave, but they only have Volumes 1, 2 and 6, which is what I already have. Same with the VGC and the usual suspects... But thank you for pointing me in the direction of SSUK's excellent site.

Member for

14 years 11 months

Try

http://www.rent-a-glider.com/view/p-1229/Downlaods/

Thank you for that Tony. Didn't know about that one, despite an intensive Google-search... The link has yielded the Daily Servicing Schedule as a new document. It confirms there's a schedule for Minor and Major Servicing, and that is what I am still looking for, either as seperate Service Schedules, or as part 4/5 of the mentioned AP...

If it does not turn up there are ways around it, but finding them would be the most easy and elegant way...

Member for

13 years 10 months

We did have the RAF flight manual for our Sedbergh in the files at Oxford. I'll get one of the guys to check whether it's still there.

But it was stamped "Restricted" (why?????????) so we might not be able to give it to you Dutch types!!!!!

Member for

13 years 10 months

Eric

I assume that you tried the VGC's T21 CD?

cheers
Dave

Member for

14 years 11 months

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/s/res?_q=AP4309A&_sd=&_ed=

Depending on where you are you might find a trip to Kew with a camera beneficial.

From my own experience, APs often are listed as "amendment" but are the full AP will all amendments up to that point.

Thank you, but Kew is about a seven hour ride (and a ferry trip) away, so that is not very practical...

Member for

14 years 11 months

We did have the RAF flight manual for our Sedbergh in the files at Oxford. I'll get one of the guys to check whether it's still there.

But it was stamped "Restricted" (why?????????) so we might not be able to give it to you Dutch types!!!!!

Don't worry David, we have clearance.

PS: I love the way the T38 logbook is labelled as "Glider and winged target servicing log". Not much to shoot at there.

Member for

20 years

Ericmunk
I have
TC Schedule - 5D
Major Servicing Schedule Sedburgh TX Mk1 Glider.
Issued February 1975
It 22 sides so easily scanned

It has no AP number

Alan