Heining and Ladybird aircraft?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 4 months

Can anyone tell me what are the Heining and Ladybird aircraft referred to in this cutting? It's from 1931. Only Ladybird I can find is the de-Bruyne Maas but almost certainly it's not it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227430[/ATTACH]

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 1 month

Curious now why someone named an all-yellow aeroplane "Ladybird". I know there are yellow ladybirds but, surely, the colour most associated with that insect is red!

Roger Smith.

Member for

11 years 4 months

Curious now why someone named an all-yellow aeroplane "Ladybird". I know there are yellow ladybirds but, surely, the colour most associated with that insect is red!

Roger Smith.

Think it may have been red originally, Roger. In the pic in the link it looks darker than yellow certainly. Or maybe the reporter got it the wrong way round and the Heining was the yellow one!

Member for

15 years 4 months

There are yellow (ish) ladybirds here in the UK, though less common than the red kind. However, which is the most common in Tasmania? Assuming either insect is there, or some close local equivalent and the aircraft isn't named for some other reason?

Yellow does look dark in some film stock, particularly the Orthochromatic kind common prewar. Use of filters can also affect this - at times yellow appears as black.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Some nice pics of Spider etc on here : )

And Fox Moth G-ABWF (don't see many pics of Fox's with wings folded)

Roger Smith