Aircraft museum (with Spitfire) is haunted?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

New building, old aircraft, would have thought the Maritime Museum would have been a more likely candidate. Ghost hunters to investigate.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11095847.Ghost_hunters_investigate_strange_goings_on_at_museum/?ref=var_0

Original post

Member for

11 years 6 months

Well I suppose it makes a good story.

Member for

20 years 7 months

No such thing as bad publicity

Member for

11 years 6 months

That's true!!

Member for

11 years 11 months

Simple answer - no.

Member for

15 years 3 months

We had two paranormal overnight sessions at the Helicopter Museum last year but once they declared the Westland 30 might be haunted I lost interest.Apart from being responsible for Michael Heseltine committing suicide in Maggies government I couldn't see any possible connection.

Member for

12 years 6 months

There must be something in this story, because a ghostly, malevolent spirit, looking frighteningly like Michael Hesletine was on the TV the other day, urging ever greater expenditure from our already skint Taxpayers, to fund the lunatic extravagance of HS2. Evidently our late PM should have gone-equiped with a large wooden stake and mallet....

Member for

12 years 9 months

Well, don't be too quick to discount it - I was a skeptic until I saw a video that Kermit Weeks posted of a WW1 ghost over at Fantasy of Flight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDHxaRaIy4

You have to turn you speakers up though as it's pretty quiet.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Did I imagine it, or was there a TV programme about an actual haunted aircraft in a museum? Something's telling me it was the Lincoln at Cosford. :confused:

Member for

12 years 6 months

Did I imagine it, or was there a TV programme about an actual haunted aircraft in a museum? Something's telling me it was the Lincoln at Cosford. :confused:

I'm not to sure that 'actual' and 'haunted' really belong together...!
PS;- Yes, it was the Lincoln at Cosford. Someone must have been at the ganja...

Member for

20 years 8 months

Well, I meant "actual" in that it was just the aircraft, not the museum itself, that was haunted. ;)

Member for

11 years 6 months

But it's still the same two words which don't fit together!;)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Yeah, yeah! :dev2:

Member for

17 years 11 months

BOO !

Member for

14 years 3 months

Pffff...just one ghost?

At Duxford we get stacks of ghosts of kids from the '40s - running around all the time in their period dress. They even arrive by coach!

Poor little beggars obviously copped it during the blitz.

Member for

11 years 11 months

Seriously though, I find it disappointing when people have strong or evocative experiences when in an historic setting of some sort and feel the urge to put it down to "ghosts". Yes, the experience can make one susceptible to being too imaginative about "noises" or "shadows", but putting these things down to "ghosts" is to miss the value of understanding why those objects have an emotional impact. But perhaps I am missing the point. Perhaps it is just a promotional gimmick.

Member for

13 years

Re 15

Ken Shabby,

Please tell us more: Specific times or random? Are 'they' seen to be carrying items ? There can be no realistic association with Duxford and Blitz period children.

Or, is your comment some kind of 'leg-pull ?'