Photo identification request

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 4 months

UPDATED: After some rather more thorough research I have decided that the cockpit and the engine pictures show two Handley Page V/1500s.

I think the flat top to the fuselage between the cockpit and the observer/gunner's position, and the continuous straight aero screen are fairly conclusive differences between the 1500 and the O/###s

It's quite annoying how obvious the second engine is under the tarpaulin now I know I'm looking at it!

I'd still be interested to know what the fuselage interior belongs to. I'm pretty certain that it's not one of the HPs because their fuel tanks appear to be suspended from the top of the fuselage.

End update

I would be very grateful for any opinions on the identification of these photographs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225726[/ATTACH]
They all belonged to my grandfather who joined the RNAS in January '18 as a boy mechanic.

The cockpit picture looks to me like a pair of Handley Page O types, but there's something about the cockpit coaming that doesn't seem quite right to me.

I think the engine is an Eagle, and I have no idea what the fuselage belongs to.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.
Richard

Attachments
Original post