Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favourite Control Column Stick/Yoke/Grip!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your Belfast yoke must need an enormous centre cap...."

It looks like the top of the control column in a Belfast is a large clevis affair in which the base of the yoke slides into the clevis of the column and is then tightened up. For display the ideal would be to find a Belfast column that I could cut at an angle 6-10 inches below the base of the yoke. Many of the wheels/yokes in my collection are displayed that way....on a partial column. Anyone know where I can get a Belfast column.....sans yoke... ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ShrtBel Wh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	3679549
    Last edited by Swifter; 15th April 2018, 16:18.

Comment

Hi Visotka, that looks brilliant.

Comment

Hi Swifter. Where did you get the button from on the LH side? I assume that the RH switch is a standard rotary type?

Comment

Hi Swifter.
          Great job!!!!!

Comment

"Where did you get the button from on the LH side?"

Hi Martyn: The AP Cut Out switch came with the yoke when purchased. Got lucky there. The R/T switch is indeed a rotary...but I wouldn't use the word "standard" for those switches. There were many variations on the rotary comm switch theme over the four or five decades they were installed as new equipment. I'm constantly on the lookout for the earlier variety.

Comment

Hello, Marthynp! I continue to work! Already made a control box with function buttons !!! The work is progressing very slowly, since there is very little time
              The box is fully functional, original buttons are mounted

Name:	IMG_2978.JPG
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	3679559Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2979.JPG
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	3679560Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2980.JPG
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	3679561

Comment

I begin to make the basis of the yoke! For the production there is only a drawing and a photo))))
                Drawing can someone useful))))

Name:	IMG_2867.JPG
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	3679562Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2868.JPG
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	3679563Click image for larger version

Name:	Фрагмент.jpg
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	3679564

Comment

Hi all:

I'm onto my next project, a DH Dove/Heron captain's wheel (with brake) on a partial column. It has no cap so I'm fabricating a facsimile. If anyone on this forum has such a wheel I'm wondering if you might consider posting a photo of the center hub with the cap removed, and a photo of the back side of the cap. Although my wheel is still mounted to the control head, it's missing whatever was in the hub for mounting the cap. Photo below isn't very good but shows what I've got....or don't have...

Name:	DeHav 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	3679565

Comment

Hi Visotka1:

Your TU144 is impressive and ambitious. Am I understanding correctly that you are going to cast and machine-finish an example of this wheel/yoke from scratch? If so...WOW !!

Comment

All is true !!!! I want to make the full version, working and functional. At first I wanted to make a yoke out of metal, but this method is very expensive. Decided to make of epoxy resin. The result should surprise not only me)))) At this stage, I'm pleased with the result.

Comment

Runners and riders round up on eBay:

Looks like a C-46 Commando
                        https://m.ebay.com/itm/ww2-aircraft-...cAAOSwY4tayqn1

Not as labelled, this one is a Convair 340 / 440
                        https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WWII-...MAAOSwgKBax~F1

Lockheed Neptune
                        https://m.ebay.com/itm/Lockheed-Airc...kAAOSwY7tag1dV

Grumman S2 Tracker
                        https://m.ebay.com/itm/USN-Grumman-S...AAAOSwGntahYd0
                        Last edited by FLY.BUY; 9th April 2018, 05:38.

Comment

Hi, does anyone have the email address for the chap who sells the replica Vickers VC-10 hub caps please ? I don't have a facebook account so not able to get hold of him through this method. Thanks in advance.

Comment

FB,

Just sent you an e-mail!

GYD

Comment

Thanks Martyn, I will go on your recommendation from Saturdays chat.

Comment

I think you will like the product Darrell. A very nice reproduction for the price.

Comment

Thanks Nick, I sent an email to him this afternoon

Comment

Now make sure everyone doesn't rush to bid at the same time.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ace-of-Spad...cAAOSwO4Ra2lK~

Comment

Thanks Nick, I've always wanted a Vietnam era P-38 yoke. Time to smash the piggy bank.

Comment

Boeing B17 cap on US Ebay. The cap has some issues but this version is not the easiest to come by...and due to its design, it's probably the most desirable of the B17 caps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-U-S-Ar....c100169.m2942

Comment

Where is the best place to sell a control column guys? I have the full stick from a Huey that could be going towards other things. Any idea of value? Unrestored, as is from the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                                          X