Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favourite Control Column Stick/Yoke/Grip!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLY.BUY
    Clear-Water-Islands
    • Jun 2004

Martyn, I know that you have a copy of this but this attachment may help others with a F106 stick
    Attached Files

Comment

• Swifter
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Mar 2013

Hi Ian and MartynP:

I've been looking for a F-106 grip for a long time. 102 grips show up more commonly. Not sure why that is. The very few 106 grips that appeared on Ebay brought princely sums. Below are some pics of the last one I'm aware of that sold. And no, it ain't mine....

Click image for larger version  Name:	106 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	3859170

Click image for larger version  Name:	106 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	3859171

Click image for larger version  Name:	106 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	3859172
      Last edited by Swifter; 10th April 2019, 02:21. Reason: Edited to get the photos to upload.

Comment

• Swifter
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2013

I researched it some years ago--I don't recall finding a difference between the F and TF-102 grips. The pics are of my 102 grip after restoration a few years back. Best source to verify that would be the "-1" flight manual.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F102 34.JPG Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	3859174

Click image for larger version  Name:	F102 28.JPG Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	3859175

Comment

• Rocketeer
          Left to do other things
          • Jan 2005

Very nice catch up stuff yall. Ive been mostly disposing of my newer columns of late. Having said that, my Tornado line up for Cockpitfest and the retirement of the type has grown!
          Tony Dyer
          https://www.facebook.com/TheAirDefen...homepage_panel

Comment

• martynp
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Feb 2017

Thanks everyone for your replies. Swifter - I've attached a couple of photos of what I believe to be the TF102 grip. I'm happy to be corrected. The LH horn is different to that of the standard F102 ( and F106 ) yoke. Click image for larger version

Name:	TF102 a.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	3859284Click image for larger version

Name:	TF102 b.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	3859285

Comment

• Swifter
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Mar 2013

Hi Martyn:
              I stand corrected! Apparently I didn't do a very thorough job the last time I looked into this. A 30 second search on Google led to the attached image from the "-1" manual for the TF-102. I'd say that's a pretty scarce piece you have there. Good find!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tf-102a_01.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	3859316

Comment

• martynp
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Feb 2017

Thanks Swifter for the info and diagram.

Comment

• Flyboy2657
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Swifter View Post
                  Hi Ian and MartynP:

I've been looking for a F-106 grip for a long time. 102 grips show up more commonly. Not sure why that is. The very few 106 grips that appeared on Ebay brought princely sums. Below are some pics of the last one I'm aware of that sold. And no, it ain't mine....

Click image for larger version Name:	106 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	3859170

Click image for larger version Name:	106 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	3859171

Click image for larger version Name:	106 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	3859172

Comment

• Flyboy2657
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Sep 2009

I acquired this Control yoke, some time ago. Nice artifact, paid a kings ransom for it though!!! But I own it now. Lol!!! Debating restoration to new condition, powder coat finish and all... but I'll commission a legit restoration firm to complete the job. A work in progress, it's currently stored in a watertight pelican hard case w/desiccant packs. The chassis/body of this yoke is made up of magnesuim metal, hence special care in restoration/refinishing (paint removal process and priming prior to paint). Also the health risk if one should not wear special respirator gear.
                    Cheers,
                    Andy

Comment

• Swifter
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Mar 2013

Hi Andy: Thanks for chiming in! Nice to meet the man I was bidding against....LOL. Couldn't agree with you more...very nice artifact.

Assuming F-106 yokes were finished in the same fashion as those in the F-102, they were just coated with semi-gloss paint. Nothing as fancy as powder-coat. Unlike many other aircraft that had the lettering for switch functions engraved into a thick, hard coating applied to the yoke, the "switch function" lettering on the stalks of the F-102 appear to have been spray-painted on using stencils. See photo. Other lettering, like on the center pedestal, was done with decals. On first impression the F-106 yoke looks to have been produced the same way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-TF-102 R-stalk stenciling.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	3859728

Comment

• ProudKerman
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Apr 2014

Downsizing my stick and yoke collection, will be taking offers for these for about a week or until I get an offer I like, also open to trades.

- AN-2 yoke with cap
                        - Aero Commander yoke no cap
                        - Resin F-16 grip

Advertised on other forums too feel free to PM about these or anything else.

Comment

• Lysanderlover
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • May 2015

Something nice on EBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233203640235?ul_noapp=true`

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                          X