Stinson L-1 project in the UK?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Does anyone have any information, or better still contact details, for the Stinson L-1 project 40-283 reported to be in the UK with Garth Turner?

MTIA

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mike

Both Garth and his project were based at Omaka when I first moved up here back in 2004. He moved back to the UK a few years later and took it with him. Haven't heard anything of him since.

Dave

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hello Mike,

I tried to get in touch with Garth a while after he moved to the UK but couldn't get hold of him either, Charles Darby, who sold him the project passed on what details he had but no joy.

Tom

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks guys. It does seem to be a very low-key project, although I understand he did visit the ongoing projects in Florida recently. I wonder if it is being actively worked on.

Member for

9 years 2 months

I see that Garth Turner has now registered this G-CIGB (on 26th May), P.I. 40-283. Anyone have any idea what state it's in at the moment?

Profile picture for user Zac Yates

Member for

15 years 10 months

Mike

Both Garth and his project were based at Omaka when I first moved up here back in 2004. He moved back to the UK a few years later and took it with him. Haven't heard anything of him since.

Dave

Funnily enough that project was on my "to look up online" list, having recently gone through some old issues of CW. Disappointing for Kiwi enthusiasts but I hope it sees the light of day and UK showgoers can enjoy it.