Register Free

Announcement

Collapse

Search index currently being rebuilt

The search index is currently being rebuilt, search results may be incomplete until this process has completed. Estimated time until completion 18:00 GMT 16/10/2018. This may impact the speed of the forum.
See more
See less

The All New 2013 "Wot Plane" (see post 4 for rules)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you chaps give me a date on this one ? It appears to have escaped all the normal reference sources! (Unless, of course, it is called something else as well......)

Comment

Two very poor images of a rather obscure aeroplane.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wilkofife View Post
        Could you chaps give me a date on this one ? It appears to have escaped all the normal reference sources! (Unless, of course, it is called something else as well......)
        Found a note-

“Long-nosed Comanche 400 is owned by Garrett-AiResearch, and powered by their TPE 331 turboprop engine. Company pilot Jack Womack flew it to a new altitude record for light turboprop aircraft, reaching 41,320 feet in 70-min.”

SOURCE: Air Progress September 1968 (pg 12-13)

As far as aa's grainy mess goes, that tail looks like something from Farman. Just a gut reaction though.
        Last edited by Moze; 18th February 2013, 23:55.

Comment

Yes, they are a grainy mess. But I've never seen better images! And no, it isn't a Farman. It's from a manufacturer far more obscure and working in much smaller numbers!

Comment

But still French ????

Comment

Mais bien sr!

Comment

Here is a wild throw at the dart board...something called a Dejouy 4 BA?

Comment

Sorry, Moze, it's not a Dejouy 4 BA - whatever that may be!

In view of the poor quality of the only images that I have of this 'wot plane', maybe I can help by trying to paint a picture in words. This 'wotplane' was the handiwork of an amateur although, I would suggest, a gifted one. The frame and wings of this two seat, parasol wing monoplane were constructed of duralumin tubing. The forward fuselage was metal covered with fabric covering aft of the cockpit. It seems that the wings were fabric covered. It was powered by a 50 cv Anzani driving a Merville propellor. Its wingspan was 11.30 m; the length 6.55 m; the all up weight 571 kg; and the range 400 km. I hope that this helps you.
                  Last edited by avion ancien; 19th February 2013, 19:39. Reason: Adding information to assist.

Comment

Thanks for the clues but it has not helped. I'm guessing there is next to nothing on the net on this one!

Comment

The answer to your question, Moze, is - absolument rien!

This 'wot plane' dates from 1932. If it helps - which I'm inclined to doubt - it was shown at the Fte Arinne at Orly on 15/16 May that year, the display pilot being M. Brabant. I've yet to ascertain whether it was registered and, if so, what its registration mark was. Nor have I found any record of it subsequent to 1932.

Comment

I regret to say that I haven't a great deal more concerning this 'wot plane' to offer by way of a second clue. The best I can do is to post the aeroplane's specification from the article about it in the contemporary French aeronautical press.
                        Attached Files

Comment

White flag goes up here.

Anyone else?

Comment

Ditto....

Comment

Ah well, this one was just too obscure. It was the 1932 Peitz Avionette. Here's a copy of the article about it in L'avion of that year. So now, in accordance with the rules, it's open house, ladies and gentlemen!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well that sure was a rarity. Nice find aa.

How about this watercraft?

Comment

Surely a Dornier Wal ??

Comment

Yep! This is a license built Kawasaki version.

Fire away Mr. Fife-

Comment

Here's a rangy number -
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike
                                        Is your picture "mirrored" ?. I have seen the person being right handed.
                                        BTW a nice and rare one, the aircraft !

Comment

'mirrored' ? No idea what you are talking about...

Comment