Napier signature ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

Can anyone confirm that this is the signature of either D. Napier, or his son?
Going though my hundreds of old aircraft & aero engine catalogues, brochures & manuals, and I had forgotten that my large, Original Napier Lion Aero engine catalogue had a long letter on Napier letterhead, dated 5th December, 1921, tucked inside the cover. It certainly appears to be a fountain pen signature of Napier. (maybe wishful thinking?) But is it "D" or the "son?" Can anyone confirm :confused:
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/memaerobilia/1919-1939/NL19di.jpg

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

While continuing to research this, I find that David Napier had long since Passed, by that time. Montague Napier would have been about 51, and probably still running the company. Still seeking signature confirmation, if possible..

Member for

16 years 3 months

Hello Joe, I hope you are well,

I am a member of the Napier Power Heritage Trust and have asked them to look at the signature, they confirm it is that of Montague Napier, what a great piece of history you have there.

I recently ran my Napier Lion engine at the Shuttleworth Collection,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqtRXBtNRwk&feature=g-upl

Andy

Member for

18 years 2 months

Hi Andy;
Thank you for the thrilling confirmation of Montague Napier's signature. As a life-long fellow aero engine "buff," I get so much enjoyment out of knowing that I can hold the same document Montague once had in his own hands, and personally signed. :D

Perhaps a link of association to put it in same file with a 1917 dated, signed, sealed and red and blue ribboned, original aero engine improvement patent grant to Charles Kirkham. Kirkham's engine designs led to the Curtiss D-12, which bring to mind, visions of dueling Napier Lion, and Curtiss D-12 Schneider Cup race planes. Two of the best aero engine designs of the period.

Also Thank you Merlinv12 for the most enjoyabel and useful Napier infromation link..