White Concord at Toulouse, whats the story?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 2 months

On a brief visit today i noticed not only a Concorde in the museum area but also a completely white Concorde on the North West part of the airfield that i have never noticed before in the years i have been going there. Has it recently been resprayed? If so might that add some substance to the rumours i read somewhere that the French might be looking to get one airworthy again? I'll try to get a photo of it next time i'm down that way.

Original post

Member for

14 years 8 months

Last I heard there was talk of the French getting a Concorde back to taxiing condition, but airworthy, NO WAY!

Member for

24 years 3 months

A quick Google shows two at Toulouse. F-BVFC and F-WTSB. I'm sure I heard one was being restored to taxi condition. But as Hurn says, never fly again. (D.B., if you are in France, I'm sure you know Concorde is spelt the French way, with an "e")

Member for

16 years 8 months

Wicked - or what!

Hmm, I wonder if they'll taxi it as well as a certain HP Victor!

Member for

13 years

Hmm, I wonder if they'll taxi it as well as a certain HP Victor!

A hop, a skip and a jump! :D

Member for

15 years 2 months

VFC was used to simulate the CDG crash take-off as part of the inquiry. It's the last Concorde to move under its own power.

Not sure about its current ststus, but if at some future time Airbus decides to have another look as SST (which it periodically does; last time was around 2005) then VFC could be used as an advanced test aircraft.

IMO that's the only chance you'll ever have to see a Concorde fly again.

Member for

17 years 8 months

Some months ago the Concorde lobby became very noisy, indications regarding I believe F-WTSB, that a survey of this static display airframe was to be undertaken to establish the condition and viability of running the engines up with the further possibility being banded about that this might lead to the aircraft being made taxi-able.
Dates came and went and nothing was heard so don't know if they did or did not progress the idea.
During that time there were several mentors that stated the airframes hydraulics had been kept turned over and the electrical systems were in good condition, dunno if this is true or how they would know.

My own view is one of simply leave the things were they are unless you intend to fly them.

Member for

14 years 8 months

It's airborne!!! Well sort of.... :p

Great to see it's getting a repaint and being looked after. Well done guys. :)

Member for

21 years 1 month

As I understand it the museum airfame hydraulics and electrics were powered up by external sources. It would harly be able to taxi.
mmitch.