Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soggy - Your Swallow flies again!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fournier Boy
    replied
    Well done Dave, the plan worked out then! Oh and thank you for the Skylark Canopy, I picked it up a few weeks ago - the great Skylark rebuild doth continue!

FB

Leave a comment:

• Astir 8
    replied
    Soggy - many thanks for the photo. Googling WD & HO Wills produces a "History of WD & HO Wills" apparently by Dave Napier if the URL is correct. That shows a logo comprising a stylised diamond shaped tobacco leaf superimposed on a large W, all in gold. It certainly resembles the logo on the fin in the photo. If you have the time can you have a look at that website & let me know if it jogs a memory or two?

If it's the one, then your photo gives the size and position, which is great. And the rudder needs to be blue?

Dave
    Last edited by Astir 8; 18th June 2012, 19:40.

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Dave

That's wonderful news, and well done to you and all concerned, fair warms my heart it do.

I have no more images of my own, but found this one on the Vintage Gliding Facebook page, which is unfortunately indistinct and remote, but does show the Wills logo. I readily admit to having no permission to publish this, so I apologise to the owner who I hope may be not upset in view of the purpose.

402562_2907253314408_1052792679_32874381_32864780_  n

Thank you for the photoes of her firet flight after restoration, which are an absolute delight to me:

Swallow2

Swallow3

swallow1

Best wishes to the Swallow syndicate!

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Astir 8
    started a topic Soggy - Your Swallow flies again!

Soggy - Your Swallow flies again!

Mr Soggy - Just to let you know, the BGA issued us a Certificate of Airworthiness last week so I test flew Swallow BZL today - very nice too, even in non-soaring conditions. It's been a while since I last flew a glider with a decent rate of roll!

I'll PM a couple of pictures.

Do you by any chance have a colour photo of the glider showing the Wills logo on the fin? I'd like to reproduce it

a) Because of historical correctness

b) Because of its present-day political incorrectness!

cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by Astir 8; 19th June 2012, 07:27. Reason: wrong use of it's!!! What would my old English teacher have said?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
X