Capt Eric Brown - talk in Warwick 13th June.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

I'm sure this man needs no introduction on this forum:

For anyone in the Warwickshire area the next meeting of the Heart of England branch of the Western Front Association is:

"The Race to find Advanced German Technology after WW2"
by Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown CBE DSC AFC RN(Ret'd)
at 7.45 pm on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
at The Warwick Arms Hotel, High Street, Warwick, CV34 4AT.

Open to non-members there is an admission charge of £3 plus £1 if you want tea or cofffee after.

Roger Smith.

Original post

Member for

14 years 7 months

If you can go then GO. This chap is amazing. Yes we all know what he has done, OR do we. The things he spoke about and the people he has met. Incredible.
He gave us a talk at Martlesham Heath Aviation Society last year and I was lucky enough to speak to him, be photographed with him and have my book signed.
He has since become a Vice President of our Society.

This a photo I took for our magazine " Runway 22 "

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/tarkey/CaptEricWinkleBrown021mcook.jpg

Like I said Don't miss out on this.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Agree. If you can go, then go! I heard him speak a few years ago. When he mentioned Belsen concentration camp visit, you could have heard a pin drop. I won't spoil the story, but first hand witness to these horrors must be getting fewer and fewer. Stuck in my mind for a good few weeks after.

Member for

12 years 5 months

A Legend.

Excellent talk. He spoke for about 1:30 in total, without notes. Amazing for 94, it was fascinating to hear from a witness to unique events and experiences. I only hope that I'm half as lucid if I live that long. :)