Contact at RAF Hendon Museum?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 10 months

Lads, after watching that amazing film over on the 'Planes of Fame in the 1960's' thread, it got me thinking.
I'm an independent tv documentary / dvd producer and was thinking that it would be a neat idea to tap into RAF Hendon's archive of movie film and produce a DVD of some of it. It obviously depends on how much they have available (I, myself, actually supplied them with some film of the 1932 (I think) Hendon Pageant some years ago).
Now, what I'm asking is, does anyone here have the name of someone at at Hendon that I could contact?
I could use the general e-mail address but would rather try and get through directly to the correct person.
I'm presuming it would be Head of Archives...........

Original post

Member for

20 years 10 months

DoRIS - Department of Records & Information Services.... I might be wrong but I think they have already produced DVD's from their archives.

Member for

12 years 6 months

DoRIS - Department of Records & Information Services.... I might be wrong but I think they have already produced DVD's from their archives.

Specifically Ian Thirsk, who is in charge of the film archive, alhough his is a separate department to DoRIS.

Member for

15 years 9 months

As far as I am aware, Ian is no longer in that position.

Member for

17 years 10 months

thanks for the replies lads. I'll get something together today and e-mail DoRIS, hopefully she'll be able to help.

Member for

17 years 10 months

oh, I've had a look through their DVD section and none of it has been produced from Hendon's archives, it's all stuff that has been produced outside and they just stock it.