IWM Duxford - Saturday June 9 2012 - Anything going to fly?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

Hi folks,

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum and even longer since I've posted but I'm back now.

Anyway, I'm posting this thread to ask if there's anyone on here that knows if anything is going to be flying at Duxford this Saturday?

I'm visiting with my family and it's my wife and my two young son's first time there and I can't think of anything better to compliment the trip than seeing a warbirds take to the skies.

If nothing is happening it won't matter as I'm sure it'll be a great day regardless.

Anyway, anyone with some inside info, please feel free to spill the beans. ;)

Cheers,

Paul

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

It seems at Duxford it all depends on the weather i have been there and it is sunny and you get a mini airshow and then you go when it is rainy and the only thing flying isthe Dragon Rapides and the tiger moth.

But even with nothing flying it is a great day out either way.

You could also have a look on the OFMC/TFC web sites as they sometimes blog when things are to fly.

curlyboy

Member for

13 years 6 months

Saturday 9th is a Bonus Day Fly-In, but I doubt 100 British and French homebuilts would satisfy your need for warbirds.
I notice, however, that the Cleethorpes Festival Of Flight (9th and 10th) includes Hurricane, Buchon and Nimrod II. One or more of these may fly from Duxford.
DCW

Member for

18 years 9 months

Well, we all had a great time on Saturday. We were lucky enough to see a T-6 Texan/Harvard, P-40, Spitfire, Nimrod and Hurricane take to the skies.

Nice to see the TFC P-47 in one piece and also two Buchons in the various hangars.

Nice stuff. Glad I got to go. My family enjoyed it too.

Paul