IWM to loan Lambeth exhibits to Hendon (just an suggestion)...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Just a suggestion, but if IWM Lambeth is to be partly vacated, in order to allow for refurbishment; instead of moving aircraft and other exhibits to Duxford, why not loan some artefacts to Hendon? Imagine the costs saved in transporting exhibits to Duxford, and the heartache averted by not having to dispose of exhibits.

...just a suggestion!!!

Original post

Member for

15 years 8 months

I'd be quite happy to look after the JagdPanther for a very small storage fee. :diablo:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Where would Hendon put them? And could they afford the lightbulbs to illuminate them?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

19 years 8 months

Where would Hendon put them? And could they afford the lightbulbs to illuminate them?

Regards,

kev35

Obviously they couldn't take everything, but the BE2 and a few tanks would look great in the GW hangar. There is space at Hendon (not much, admittedly).

Member for

12 years 5 months

Hendon could get its Fw 190 back.

Member for

13 years 11 months

Regards,

kev35

I seriously doubt it. Maybe Lambeth should send them some spare lightbulbs instead of exhibits.... :diablo:

IMHO it might be cheaper in the long run to put in some rooflight domes when the roof has to be repaired / redone. Saving electricity as a bonus. (Pretty standard in most industrial facilities.) But I doubt it as well.

Michael

Member for

21 years 1 month

Hendon has a gallery upstairs that has been closed for sometime.I don't know about floor loading. It's was big enough for an airship gondola and workshop exhibits. If these are still there they could move to the Graham White building to make room.
mmitch.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I fail to see how Tanks are representative items in the Royal Air Force Museum?

There are a few exhibits in Hendon that are not representative to start with!