WW2 wrecks around the world. Can anyone identify them?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 6 months

Nice little video slides show of various aircraft wrecks, some in amazing condition. I'm sure they are all very well known and most have been recovered but come on chaps let's see if you can identify what and where!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5cc_1337001565

Original post

Member for

13 years 3 months

Recognised most of them. I'm sure most here did. Few too many to list them all but...

Glacier Girl
Swamp Ghost
The Black Cat Pass B17
Hawg Wild
Lady Be Good
The Svalbard Ju88
The Russian FW190 recovery now with FHC
The Bamaga Beauforts
The Welsh P38
The Gioia Del Colle Catalina

etc...

(Scratching my head wondering what Peter changed :D)

Member for

12 years 6 months

Does anyone know anything about the first wreck?

Member for

11 years 10 months

Some of the Japanese wrecks were taken in Rabaul on East New Britain ... although sadly many of them will be gone now after the 1994 volcanic eruptions that covered everything up with ash in that area. When we went there in about 1982 there were aircraft wrecks everywhere, as well as other vehicles and weaponry. It was fascinating.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Caught a brief glimpse of Halifax LL505 (Great Carrs) in there.

Member for

13 years 8 months

the Canso

The Canso at around 4:07 looks to be the one near Tofino on Vancouver Island. Crashed on take off sometime in '44 I think. Have to look up the RCAF numbers.

Member for

19 years 4 months

There is a Catalina in British Columbia (perhaps the one mentioned above) that has a wonderfully intact nose turret. However, it's on park land and recovery is not possible.
That's unfortunate because nose turrets are in demand fior restoring former fire bombers to military appearance.

Member for

19 years 11 months

There is a Catalina in British Columbia (perhaps the one mentioned above) that has a wonderfully intact nose turret. However, it's on park land and recovery is not possible.
That's unfortunate because nose turrets are in demand fior restoring former fire bombers to military appearance.

I notice that the nose turret and side blisters have now even been stripped from the Catalina derelict in Saudi Arabia