Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bassingbourn Tower Museum this weekend

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bomberflight
    bomberflight
    • Jul 2006

Bassingbourn Tower Museum this weekend

The forecast says "sunny" and I intend to be there !

Details of the WW2 1940's War Time Weekend and Musical Extravaganza can be seen on their website

http://www.towermuseumbassingbourn.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tower...90452534310694
    Warbirdapps on facebook ~ every day a new image from my personal journey thru the world of warbirds ..... https://www.facebook.com/Warbirdapps
  • Wyvernfan
    wyvernfan@gmail.com
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the heads up Peter. Can you confirm if the tower museum is open, as on the website it says its closed on the Sunday due to the event?
    Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

• Pure Lightning
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jun 2008

I'am sad to say i can't make it as i would love to see the Canberra thats on site.......if anyone going could take a picture of her i would be really greatfull.

Cheers Matt

Comment

• Bomberboy
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Wyvernfan View Post
        Thanks for the heads up Peter. Can you confirm if the tower museum is open, as on the website it says its closed on the Sunday due to the event?
        That is correct. The tower museum will not be open over the weekend.
        Some of the weekends participants have just started to be let in as I am typing these words and no i'm not at Bassingbourn, I just happen to know.

Comment

• Wyvernfan
          wyvernfan@gmail.com
          • Oct 2007

Ok thanks
          Facebook page
          https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

• merlin70
            Tim Clark
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Pure Lightning View Post
            I'am sad to say i can't make it as i would love to see the Canberra thats on site.......if anyone going could take a picture of her i would be really greatfull.

Cheers Matt
            I posted some pics of the Canberra a few months back

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showt...t=bassingbourn
            Watching the planes fly by...

Comment

• Terryham
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jun 2008

This looks like a good day out ,i wonder if there will be any Fly Pasts during the weekend ? Shame the Tower Museum is not open .

Comment

• T-21
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jun 2007

I was going to go today but only found out from the web site that the tower museum is closed today . Why ?? I am off to the aeromodeler weekend at Old Warden instead. The closure may be due to Army restrictions ? but cannot see the logic.
                Last edited by T-21; 13th May 2012, 05:24.
                Fly with the eagles,or scratch with the chickens.

Comment

• Jasonp51d
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jun 2003

I went yesterday morning and the tower was shut. I was told it it was because there wasn't sufficient museum staff to man the museum and run the event.

The event has great potential and is in a great location. I hope it becomes a regular but seemed to suffer from a lack of advertising and signage that may have affected the attendance.

Also everything rather spead out with gaps - perhaps more exhibitors arriving today???
                  Jason Webb
                  www.bottishamairfieldmuseum.org.uk
                  www.361fg.com

Comment

• T-21
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jun 2007

Thanks Jason for explaining about the tower. I would have been disappointed to drive a round trip of 80 miles to find it closed with petrol costs. Not knocking the tower staff but a golden opportunity missed with the other event.
                    Fly with the eagles,or scratch with the chickens.

Comment

• eye4wings
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Aug 2008

When I tried to see what was on the events page all I got was
                      "Our events pages are currently undergoing some updates and maintenance.

We thank you for your patience whilst we carry out this necessary work
                      and hope to have the pages back on-line as soon as possible."
                      - Nice timing.

From dark rumours I have been hearing recently it seems that the words 'Military' and 'logic' are not particularly good bed-fellows T-21. Not to us ordinary human beings anyway.

But if other rumours are correct there should be some flying of LMA B-17s going on at some stage.

I would welcome a little feedback on the OW meet T-21 - I was going to go and fly there yesterday but the gusting with that wind direction makes for uncomfortable flying for lightly loaded models in the lee of the trees so I saved my money. (Shuttleworth charge we who provide the entertainment just the same as those who go to spectate - maybe they just don't think they can afford logic?)
                      Last edited by eye4wings; 13th May 2012, 08:33.
                      Nice try, but no cigar!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                      X