Lancaster Propeller Blade/s

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

I am looking into the possibility of establishing a small memorial which would represent the loss of a RAF Lancaster and its' crew here in Colchester. If anyone can offer any leads of where I could obtain a Lancaster propeller blade then could they please get in touch. (Condition obvioulsy not important).

Many thanks.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

You could maybe ask the pikeys who knicked exactly such a memorial from Bourn

Or in other words, be prepared to lose it. That is the world we now live in.

Moggy

Member for

17 years 6 months

A real one will go walkies in no time.

Have a GRP replica made. Same material for the plaque.

Member for

13 years 2 months

Sorry , cant help your search , however I was recently told a story about Lancaster prop blades that some may find interesting .

It seems that not too long ago , no less than 12 potentially airworthy Lancaster prop blades were delivered to a local company ,who then used a band saw to cut to about 5 inches of the tips of all of them !

Why ? Well the company was SAFE Air ( prop shop in New Zealand ) and it seems that if you shorten them ( and obviously re-profile to suit ) then they are suitable for use on Mosquito's .

( wasnt sure wether to believe it or not , however it did come from a very reliable source )

Member for

18 years 6 months

Thanks to all for the replies. The GRP idea sounds like a good one. As it happens I do know someone who does that line of work which I hadn't thought of.