No announcement yet.

Part No 715 "What are they from?"

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sopwith.7f1
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2011
    • 1142

    Part No 715 "What are they from?"

    I have the very rear end of a fuselage, it appears to be a welded steel tube fuselage.
    The only part numbers I can find on it are suffixed with H715, eg 5H715, 14H715, there is also a small inspection stamp that starts with RY.
    Would this mean that it is off of an Avro of some type that was built at Yeadon ?, the H prefix would suggest they are fin/rudder & tail parts.
    One Thought was that it might be Anson, but not sure what the part numbers are for it.

    Any Ideas ?.

    Bob T.
  • Alan Clark
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2005
    • 817

    Almost certainly Anson, RY is the stamp for Avro Yeadon and those reference numbers are in the format that Avro (and others in the HS Group) used.
    Peak District Air Accident Research

    Aircraft Wrecks: The Walker's Guide


    Unconfigured Ad Widget