Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drop tanks / belly tanks

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p.38
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Apr 2012

canberra wing tank

still seeking a canberra wing tank, any leads? thanks chaps.

Comment

• J Boyle
      With malice towards none
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Stepwilk View Post
      When I was flying Cessna 310s and 400-series twins, we called them tuna tanks, because that's what they were shaped like. Unless you have a fish for a driver...
      If I recall my old Flying magazine articles correctly, "Tuna" tanks were the flat-sided tanks on the early 310s (through the "F" model) only. Starting in 1962 the 310/320 and subsequent 400 series Cessnas went to the canted tanks. Unlike the "tuna" tanks which were mounted at mid-tank level (like a T-33) they were at a 30 degree angle and were supposed to improve lateral and directional stability.

Back to the topic at hand, they'd be too small to make a belly tank "lakester" out of.

There are F-16 tanks offered in Trade-A-Plane...and they should be easily obtainable in Europe.
      Last edited by J Boyle; 22nd May 2012, 01:44.
      There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Comment

• baloffski
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2009

Tornado Drop tanks here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXTERNAL-F...#ht_2041wt_754

Though these are the 1500 ltr versions which are made from Phenolic Asbestos which would be a ****** to cut and may cause some consternation in the H&S world.

Better the 2250 ltr 'Big Jugs' but they are like rocking horse manure. Stainless Steel and a far bit of room in them for a monster engine.
        It is fine to want to soar with the eagles. However, weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X