Phantom Comes Together

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

The move of Phantom XT914 has reached it's end ! With the skills of JARTS and REME Wattisham now has this part of its history home!

Attachments
Original post

Member for

16 years 3 months

Phantom

Wonderful, a great jet in a totally appropriate place. I can't wait to go and see it and the museum.

Presumably it has had its outer wings and inboard leading edges fitted then?

Can anyone comment on how complete (or not) the cockpit is as there seems to be conflicting statements to the effect that it is either complete or was stripped out last year?

Anon.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Nice to see it back on it's legs and where it belongs, well done to all involved

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well that was fast..!Well done getting this important part of Wattisham History back together again!

Member for

24 years 3 months

A couple more! Cockpits seem pretty intact - certainly not stripped. Her first open day is this weekend.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 3 months

Assembly - All credited to Maggie Aggiss

Attachments
Profile picture for user Phantom Phil

Member for

16 years 4 months

914 certainly looks at home outside of the HAS!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Tucked up warm inside now!

Member for

16 years 7 months

David, very nice to see ! which day this weekend is she open to view ??

Keith :)

Member for

16 years 3 months

Phantom

How nice is that? sat outside the HAS. Nice pics, David.

It just needs someone to repaint the "zulu" Z on the rudder as a finishing touch.

Well done to all involved:)

Anon.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Keith - The museum site is www.wattishamairfieldmuseum.org -that deals with
admission requirements.

The plan for the Phantom revolves at present around a good wash followed by a survey to see what's required parts wise.

In all of this the Hunter is not forgotten! She will hopefully become black again in the next ten days!

Member for

24 years 3 months

There seems to be alot of F4 parts and seats areound so hopefully she can be completed..

Member for

16 years 3 months

Phantom parts and seats?

There may be in Canada but not over here.

What there is comes at a premium price, which is understandable given the scarcity of the stuff.

Anon.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A friend of mine sold off his F4 panel and seat if you get a wants list posted up on here will keep an eye out over here for bits

Member for

16 years 8 months

Would there be any British Phantom bits over there?

Great to hear that this project is coming on so quickly and so well, need to pop up to Wattisham some time.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Was there much difference interior wise??

Member for

16 years 8 months

I know the seats are a different version Mk.7 from the USN/USAF aircraft, assumed most of the instrumentation etc to be different aswel? - but I could be wrong, need to consult Salad Fingers' book!

JARTS did at one time have the seats, canopies, u/c, engine cans (bits you can see) etc left from XV500 at one time, unsure if they still possess them, might be worth following up.

Member for

24 years 3 months

She is scheduled to have a wash (not with a hosepipe!) over the weekend and then hopefully a better idea of her condition can be reported.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Assembly - All credited to Maggie Aggiss

I was having a bacon butty with the chap driving the forklift today and he didn't believe me when I said I bet there's a picture of you on the internet already! :D

Member for

19 years 3 months

Brilliant news and aircraft and location...well done!!

Member for

16 years 2 months

i know of an atc sqn with a phantom seat available they just want a swop for a more modern type, it is fully equipped as well