Heads Up WW1 Top Gun, Revealed.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Channel 5. 8pm tonight. WW1 Aircraft being made in New Zealand. Peter Jackson's aircraft.

Dave

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

****, I forgot about it!! :(

Member for

24 years 3 months

Don't worry, it's repeated on 30th @ 19:00 and on 31st @ 12:15

Member for

20 years 8 months

Ta. I'll try to catch it then.

Member for

17 years

Really enjoyed this prog. - recommended

Member for

14 years 11 months

Agreed:)

Member for

15 years 8 months

Exellent programme. That Albatros is a real beauty.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Impressive watching the guys scratch building new WW1 fighters. Great photography, and if there was any CGI, I didn't notice it...

Member for

20 years 1 month

Dear England,

Please send this programme to NZ so we can see it, as your website won't allow kiwis to watch. :-(

Member for

12 years 3 months

We need to make it part of the rumoured swap for the Vincent! ;)

Member for

14 years 2 months

Dear England,

Please send this programme to NZ so we can see it, as your website won't allow kiwis to watch. :-(

Why do you need to watch some low resolution stuff on the internet when you have all the aircraft featured in your country and can go see them?!?!?:D

Lovely to see them but don't know if you'd ever catch me in the gunners position, standing up in the FE.2.

Member for

12 years 3 months

Given they live a couple of hours away from a city with 10% of the population, and at least several hours away from at least 3/4 of the population, and only display 2 or 3 times a year, most of us think we are doing well if we manage one 'live' viewing a year. TV is much more convenient!

By the way, it looks like the RAF has piked out of showing up for the RNZAF 75th, boo! ;)

Member for

14 years 2 months

Sounds like it is easier for us to fly down to see them than it is for you!

With any luck a copy of the episode will show up somewhere on the internet that isn't restricted to the UK.

Member for

14 years 6 months

By the way, it looks like the RAF has piked out of showing up for the RNZAF 75th, boo! ;)

What with ? unless it escaped you notice we have retired/scrapped/cut back most of our airforce.

If you guys want to arrange transport maybe the BBMF could spare a Spit for a few months ?:diablo:

Member for

20 years 1 month

I have seen many of the collection's fantastic aeroplanes at the two-yearly Classic Fighters airsgow at Omaka. It is by far my favourite airshow anywhere. The old WWI machines never really interested me much at all till I first went to Omaka and had a sort of revelation, they are really so much better in person than I ever expected, and seeing the spectacles like seven Fokker Dr1's or three SE5a's and the gorgeous Pfalz D and Albatross, etc, really brings that era to life. They really are magic. I'm ever so grateful to Sir peter and his team for enlightening not just me but several generations of New Zealanders and visitors to what these planes were all about.

Member for

16 years 3 months

Does Mr Jackson have the film rights to any WW1 flying stories? If not, why not?

He'd need to do something about the fact that New Zeland from the air dosen't really look like Northern France...... unless of course the film is about how Capt Biggleworth singlehandedly halts the German invasion of New Zealand. :rolleyes:

Member for

16 years 4 months

Does Mr Jackson have the film rights to any WW1 flying stories? If not, why not?

He'd need to do something about the fact that New Zeland from the air dosen't really look like Northern France...... unless of course the film is about how Capt Biggleworth singlehandedly halts the German invasion of New Zealand. :rolleyes:

With CGI, they could make the background look the moon if the mood took them!
Excellent programme though, thoroughly recommended!
Didn't know he has 2 Brisfits either!

Member for

17 years 1 month

Lovely to see them but don't know if you'd ever catch me in the gunners position, standing up in the FE.2.

I was lucky enough to fly in the Fee's gunner's position a couple of years ago and can confirm that at no point did I ever feel the slightest urge to stand up and wave the gun around, even when we were joined by the Pfalz! Clinging on bravely to the seatless floor was my choice and I stuck to it...

Attachments

Member for

12 years 3 months

What with ? unless it escaped you notice we have retired/scrapped/cut back most of our airforce.

If you guys want to arrange transport maybe the BBMF could spare a Spit for a few months ?:diablo:

A330 MRTT was scheduled. There was also one at RAAF Avalon recently. We appreciate that everything else is hauling stuff to and from AF!

Spits we have (2, and counting), and getting our hurri up would cost less than hauling your's over. What else does the UK Government own that flies (and can be put in a Herc)?

Member for

20 years

. What else does the UK Government own that flies (and can be put in a Herc)?

Swans.....

sorry - that's the Queen, not the Government