Short Sturgeon photo required

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 5 months

Can anyone come up with a close up photo of the outer windscreen / front fuselage / nose please? I already have the pilots notes pics fom the inside.

Thanks in advance.

Original post

Member for

16 years 11 months

Which Mark Rob?

Member for

16 years 5 months

Either TT.2 or TT.3 would do John, as although they have different noses / profiles, i'm 99% sure they shared the same windscreen assembly.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hi Rob

Was going to see if there was anything suitable in our AP but it's for an AS1 so I don't think it's what you're after

cheers

John

Member for

16 years 8 months

Was going to see if there was anything suitable in our AP but it's for an AS1 so I don't think it's what you're after

That must be rarer than rocking horse dung! Do you mean AS.1 as in the S.B.3 type?

Member for

16 years 5 months

Thats interesting John. Is that not the Seamew rather than Sturgeon?

Member for

16 years 8 months

I must admit that I didn't think that the Sturgeon based S.B.3 (don't think it was named as such) got to the stage where it recieved a service designation, though AS.1 would have been it if it had.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Doh, getting Sturgeons and Seamews mixed up:o:o

Member for

16 years 5 months

Cheers Dave. Its a fascinating book that i highly recommend, as i already have it. But sadly its lacking in cockpit photos.. or indeed any close ups of that area inside and out.

Member for

16 years 5 months

Doh, getting Sturgeons and Seamews mixed up:o:o

No worries John :). Same company but thankfully the Sturgeon wasnt quite as ugly as the Seamew :D

Anyone else? Its hard to believe that with all those superb photos turning up on here from various collections, that no-one has what i'm looking for :(.

Member for

16 years 8 months

I believe this appears in the Tony Butler book and is probably not detailed enough for your needs.....still a nice photo (credit: Carmel J Attard)

Kind regards,

Tim

Attachments

Member for

16 years 5 months

Yep your right Tim, it is in the book. Its along the right lines but needs to be a closer view.

Member for

20 years 4 months

I believe this appears in the Tony Butler book and is probably not detailed enough for your needs.....still a nice photo (credit: Carmel J Attard)

Kind regards,

Tim

Rob,

I could put you in touch with Tony Buttler to see if he has a ni-res scan of the original photo if you like?

Member for

15 years 2 months

I was a great fan of the Short Sturgeon in all its marks 1,2 3 and the SB3.

I will try to attach some of my photographs.

SB^

Attachments