Vintage Aircraft magazine

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 4 months

I’ve just had a small piece of feedback from the curator, which reads as follows: “We do have copies of this magazine from number 1 up to about number 35 in the Archive. I have not received any lately but the odd one might have migrated to the table in Hangar 2.”

The table in Hangar 2 that he refers to is mentioned here and this is now being used as a fund raiser for ‘Project Panini’ – the new café / play area project!

As mentioned in the earlier post I’ll check next week, but it seems that NAM may also need edition 36!! ;)

Twin Otter...........

Just wondering if you have had a chance to check the table in Hangar 2??

Planemike

Member for

18 years 3 months

I’ve checked a couple of times and not found anything I’m afraid (hence why I didn’t post) – that said there’s quite a high turnover of items so I may have missed something! :o Plus I must confess that I didn’t check on Saturday – sorry!!

I’m over again on Thursday to host another school visit so I’ll check again.

Also, I’ll check with the shop manager and see whether she’s aware of any ‘secret stockpiles’ that haven’t been put out yet!! ;)

Member for

16 years 4 months

TO............

Apology not required (!!), many thanks for taking the trouble to search on my behalf........

Planemike

Member for

18 years 3 months

Nothing located during a quick search today - but this didn't touch on the 'deeper-store', I'll try to get that covered tomorrow!!

Member for

18 years 3 months

Earlier today I checked all 'known' possible storage / sale locations and I'm afraid that I drew a blank - sorry!

Both the Curator and Shop Manager have been placed on alert in case any copies appear amongst the regular sets of donated items that keep arriving at the museum.

Member for

15 years 9 months

GORDY.... I can easily run off 'replicas' at cost (I can bind a3 as A4 folded) if anyone wants them, but I'm not going to do so without your permission!

Member for

24 years 3 months

G-ORDY, have you considered offering a set of all issues scanned to disc, in the same manner that SVAS do with the 'Propswing' archive? There would possibly be a market for it, priced at a tenner or so.

Member for

16 years 4 months

I am still hunting around for several copies of Vintage Aircraft magazine. Need a copy each of Nos. 19 22 23 26 28 30 35 & 36. Wonder if anyone has any they wish to dispose of.....?

Have a spare copy of Nos: 11 & 16 if anyone needs them.

Planemike

Member for

24 years 3 months

Any news on our Mr. Pritchard? I would like to contact him if poss.

Sadly he passed away recently after a road accident.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Sadly he passed away recently after a road accident.

I had no idea, how sad. It seems most of my old publishing associates have passed on in the last couple of years, Alan W. Hall, Jerry Scutts, Graham Trant and now Tony :-(

Member for

19 years 8 months

I had no idea, how sad. It seems most of my old publishing associates have passed on in the last couple of years, Alan W. Hall, Jerry Scutts, Graham Trant and now Tony :-(

Seemed a really nice chap - spent the day with him at Denham many years back during the 50th birthday celebration for Falcon G-AEEG. I was a winner in a competition run by the magazine he published (and which G-ORDY edited). He arranged for us to be flown down to Denham, then have a flight in the Falcon. The weather prevented our flight back home and so Tony funded the return journey by train - a true gent. Sad to hear he's died and in such a way.

Tim

Member for

16 years 4 months

Now a case of "33 down, three to go" !! I am still looking for a copy of Nos: 30, 35 & 36. Wonder if anyone can help?

Should anyone be interested, a full set, in three binders, is currently for sale on e-bay.

Planemike