Wellington bomber relics

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

For any one who is interested, I have some fragments of material including some doped fabric, thin ply pieces and a glass electrical fuse all from the Wellington medium bomber R for Robert recovered from Loch Ness some years ago.

All the pieces amount to about one to two square feet. If you would like to make a donation to the Bomber Command Memorial Fund, it's all yours.

John Green

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

Bumped for a good cause :)

Member for

13 years

Tony T & AndrewC

Thanks chaps for the feedback. Andrew, I'll try the museum, I hadn't thought about that because the amount of recovered material is quite small and I did not think that they would be interested.

John Green

Member for

19 years 3 months

For any one who is interested, I have some fragments of material including some doped fabric, thin ply pieces and a glass electrical fuse all from the Wellington medium bomber R for Robert recovered from Loch Ness some years ago.

All the pieces amount to about one to two square feet. If you would like to make a donation to the Bomber Command Memorial Fund, it's all yours.

John Green

I would love to make a donation and take them off your hands!!

Member for

13 years

My thanks to all who commented and gave advice. These items have gone to Daniel Hunt at Wings Museum for his evaluation.

Rocketeer.

When I know Mr. Hunt's decision, I'll also let you know.

John Green

Member for

19 years 3 months

Thanx John

Member for

13 years

Daniel Hunt at Wings Museum has to-day confirmed that they will keep the Loch Ness Wellie bits.

With thanks to all and commiserations to Rocketeer.

John Green