Stephen Fry and THAT film remake

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 4 months

He has just been talking on The One Show and mentioned that he is flying to New Zealand in Monday 13 February for talks with Peter Jackson (again!) on remaking The Dambusters

Original post

Member for

14 years 10 months

Quite happy with version 1, thank-you.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Wonder how many more posts before the usual topic crops up.

I'd still like to see a remake.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Lets have a new game.

See if we can avoid the usual topic, and stick to the positives about a remake of a classic film....

Bruce

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hadn't some full scale models already been made for this? Lancasters? Or am I thinking of something else. I vaguely remember seeing a photo...

MH

Member for

16 years 4 months

He also said that he used to own a Christen? Eagle and a Tiger Moth (news to me, anyway!)

Member for

18 years 10 months

I was pretty much 'hooked' after watching the Battle of Britain with my dad in '69, this is a film (Dambusters) that dads of today will take their sons to watch and catch another generation of youngsters to (and maybe) want to be involved in the future of aviation.

This film is important.

Baz

Member for

16 years 6 months

Im looking forward to the remake, think about it? you have somebody who has made the best films probably ever made and he is an aircraft nut who is willing to spend money on them.
The reason why its on the back burner is because he is totally exhausted making the Hobbit.

Member for

18 years 2 months

I was pretty much 'hooked' after watching the Battle of Britain with my dad in '69, this is a film (Dambusters) that dads of today will take their sons to watch and catch another generation of youngsters to (and maybe) want to be involved in the future of aviation.

This film is important.

Baz

Indeed it is, and the embaressing fact is that many of us seems to have a thing against it, like it's some form of sacrilege to touch that movie.

This is how we catch a new generation. It's what caught me with the same movie as mentioned above AND Memphis Belle (amazing isn't it, considering the historical flaws).

Member for

19 years

Seems some have selective hearing:rolleyes: What he actualy said was he was off to NZ to work on the Hobit with Peter Jackson and when he was asked about Dambusters re make he said he hoped it would still get made:)
So not off to NZ to have a meeting about Dambusters;)
I too never realised he was a pilot and used to own a Tiger and a Christen Eagle, just goes to show!!

Member for

17 years 9 months

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned here. But if you need some proof of Jacksons interest in Aviation and authenticity he started a plastic model company producing WW1 aircraft.

If you've never seen them have a look, and check the galleries

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

Member for

19 years

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned here. But if you need some proof of Jacksons interest in Aviation and authenticity he started a plastic model company producing WW1 aircraft.

If you've never seen them have a look, and check the galleries

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

I think his rather bigger company The Vintage Aviator that makes real one's proves it better:)

Member for

17 years 6 months

Yup, stunning models, several folks I know have built them, he also owns loads of flying replicas like the BE2 and Fokker Triplanes..

Yes Harmless Lancs and the other full scale on I think was a Wellington..

Member for

20 years 8 months

I saw an interview somewhere once with Jackson regarding WW1 films - he said one of his favourites was Aces High (1976), despite the use of Stampes disguised as SE.5as and Tiger Moths etc. playing German scouts.

Would LOVE to see him tackle a WW1 film like that with his resources...!

Member for

13 years

Hear, hear. The trouble is, that for most of us the suspicions endure.

John Green

Member for

16 years 4 months

Seems some have selective hearing:rolleyes: What he actualy said was he was off to NZ to work on the Hobit with Peter Jackson and when he was asked about Dambusters re make he said he hoped it would still get made:)
So not off to NZ to have a meeting about Dambusters;)
I too never realised he was a pilot and used to own a Tiger and a Christen Eagle, just goes to show!!

I don't! I recorded it, and know exactly what he said

Member for

16 years 3 months

With Mr Jackson's access to all those wonderfull WW1 Replicas and his habit of making series of films from classic British literature has he ever thought of doing justice to Biggles?

Member for

12 years 3 months

Yup, stunning models, several folks I know have built them, he also owns loads of flying replicas like the BE2 and Fokker Triplanes..

Yes Harmless Lancs and the other full scale on I think was a Wellington..

A few originals as well, Avro 504 (which was flown by many NZ aviation pioneers), BE.2f, the world's oldest working RR Aero engine (pulling a Brisfit repro)...

Ten Lancs I think it was, plus Wellington.
I wonder if PJ's new near-neighbour James Cameron can be encouraged to take an interest [duck and run....]

Member for

16 years 8 months

Some recent aviation films Pearl Harbor (harbour), The Red Baron and Flyboys to name a few, were centred more on a love story. I do hope this is not done with the dambusters remake.

Member for

20 years 8 months

I wonder if PJ's new near-neighbour James Cameron can be encouraged to take an interest [duck and run....]

I can just imagine an Upkeep bouncing towards me in 3D....!