The Battle of Britain Living History show 2012

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 3 months

After a successful show last year the show is on again on the 9th and 10th of June 2012 at Hyde lane Taunton next to Taunton Rugby club. As a special feature we have the Moonlight Serenade orchestra an eleven piece orchestra playing in a huge marquee on site with stage wooden dance floor and carpeted area on the Saturday night. This will be a 1940s dress or black tie event. We will be inviting vets again and hope to have several Battle of Britain pilots along with Vets from the other services notably a Para who fought at Arnhem. If you would like to bring along a display or just attend send me an email and I will let you have some details. On display will be replica Spitfire, Hurricane and a Vickers gun Bus, along with military vehicles , mock battles and living history displays. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who is interested in supporting this event. Thank you. :)

Attachments
Original post

Member for

17 years 3 months

Bump

Member for

19 years 2 months

sounds good old chap!

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hello Graham, will bring some local broken stuff. Good excuse to make a display!

Maybe I can persuade Grub Street to book a stall with you?

Member for

19 years

They would be welcome to book a stall at Sywell as well Andy!

Leave it to me!

Member for

17 years 3 months

Yes please :)

Member for

17 years 3 months

sounds good old chap!

Come along have a great party planned :)

Member for

17 years 3 months

Hello Graham, will bring some local broken stuff. Good excuse to make a display!

Thanks Ian

Would be great to have some of your stuff at the show I am sure the Vets would find it interesting to have a huge marquee could probably find some space in there for you.

Member for

19 years

Leave it to me!

Be pleased to see them there:)

Member for

17 years 3 months

Just a heads up to anyone who is interested in coming to this years show, Bill Green has confirmed he will attend again this year and as the show has out grown last years site I have secured the use of West Somerset steam fair site. This is four times bigger and lends itself to air display, I have written to BBMF requesting a flypast and am negotiating a full aerobatic MK V Spitfire display so finders crossed on that one. Also I have potential fly pasts by some locally based aircraft. One of this years big attractions is a Panzer III tank which will be destroyed during the battle scenario by rockets fired by EN 398 should be quite a sight to see :diablo: On the Saturday night I have booked an eleven piece orgestra and this year we have a 50ft by 80ft marquee on site with stage wooden dance floor and carpet ,very posh. I have written to quite a few veterans of all the services and I am hoping quite a few more will attend.
Fingers crossed the weather will be a little kinder this year. If anyone wants a stall or to exhibit please get in touch.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 2 months

Graham I sadly will be unable to travel. Any photos you can post of your Hurricane replica would be of interest to see.

Member for

17 years 3 months

Sorry Robert

For some reason not many pictures were taken of the Hurricane and its stored for the winter, here is one with Bill Green although it does not show much of it. Will take some when it comes out of hibernation. Bill Green has promised to come again to this years show along with George Johnson the Dambuster. I have written to quite a few more veterans and am awaiting replies. I believe the famous author Mr A Saunders is attending.

Attachments

Member for

17 years 3 months

This event is only a few weeks away and is double the size of last years show come and see a Spitfire destroy a Panzer III tank :diablo:. There is a great 1940s dance on the Saturday night with the Moonlight Seranade Orchestra and 1940s Pin up Annie Andrews. Bill Green has promised to come again this year and the last Dambuster Jiohnies Johnson, i hope to have other Vets but they turn up deppending on how they feel on the day as they are all getting on a bit. Would be good to see some forum members there.

Member for

17 years 3 months

Another succesful show graced by the attendance of Peter May and Bill Green.

Attachments