Team Viper Disbanded

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 9 months

From Facebook page: The end of TeamViper. Just want to thank you for all the support and to say goodbye

However they also said in a reply I'm sure you will see a few display, maybe a pair, but not as Team Viper. The pilots have new projects for 2012. Some as individuals, others? Well, lets wait and see what they come up with for 2012. Watch this space. Again, thank you all. :(

A real shame :( just hope we get to see a few pairs displays or maby a new display team :)

Original post

Member for

20 years

I hope they come back in some form or other.

The fantastic eight-ship Hunter formation was one of the major highlights of last year.

Member for

12 years 6 months

What a shame, maybe they should have stuck with the strikemasters.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Shame :( We had them over in Beauvechain in 2010. Very nice guys. Still have an empty cartridge they gave me. I even got to sit in the cockpit! My first Hunter experience :)

Member for

16 years 5 months

Never did get to see them. My loss i guess :(.

Member for

18 years

Pity... :(

Member for

15 years 4 months

I can assure you that hunters will be on the circuit this year and there are a few discussions going on at the moment regarding a team, although maybe smaller. But you never know. As you can appreciate the Hunter is not the most economic of aircraft to operate and the bigger the team the more cost.

Member for

20 years 5 months

I can assure you that hunters will be on the circuit this year and there are a few discussions going on at the moment regarding a team, although maybe smaller. But you never know. As you can appreciate the Hunter is not the most economic of aircraft to operate and the bigger the team the more cost.

Thanks HFL that certainly sounds like a glimmer of hope of something formation wise with Hunters. I duo or a trio would be a lovely sight and sound.
Team Viper were great with the Strikemasters and I feel very lucky to have seen them with the Hunters at Kemble last year too. I remember at the time that some people were peeved that only 8 Hunters were available at the show and 5 of them were Team Viper. I think hindsight may prove how fortunate we were to see such a thing.

I wish all the guys involved with Team Viper all the best and hope they enjoyed the displays as much as we did.

Sad to see such a great act go, and thanks for moments like the photo attached.

Attachments

Member for

11 years 10 months

help with team viperfuture

i have recently provisionally organised a hawker hunter flypast by team viper on 21 jun 12 but have not heard from them in the last month. can anyone out there
confirm if anyone is flying them still as need to confirm flypast soonest

Flt Lt Steve Hawkins
RAF Stanbridge

Member for

14 years

I never got to see them either.

The last formation of Hunters I saw was when the Swiss aircraft flew into Southend, and did a
couple of circuits over where I was working.

Member for

12 years 5 months

They were by far the best display last year at Waddo, IMO of course.

Member for

13 years

Steve,

Have you tried the HFL guys at saints for any info/help?

Is this for the station closure coming up? (there 2001/2005)

Member for

14 years 6 months

As a punter, not a pilot, perhaps it would help these teams if they had a bit more publicity. I only heard about the Hunters `after` they displayed and so missed them. I'm sure more people would have gone to see them if they had known. Well, at least I would have!

Member for

16 years 7 months

i have recently provisionally organised a hawker hunter flypast by team viper on 21 jun 12 but have not heard from them in the last month. can anyone out there
confirm if anyone is flying them still as need to confirm flypast soonest

Flt Lt Steve Hawkins
RAF Stanbridge

I would send a PM to Jetguy on here, http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/member.php?u=40679 He is involved with the replacement act.

My understanding is that there isn't a formation Hunter display team as such, but please try HFL through their website here, http://www.hunterflyingltd.co.uk/ Maybe something can be arranged.
More HFL and Hunter info here, http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=113913&highlight=hunters+gannet+st+athan

Member for

12 years 2 months

Hello Steve,

We still have Hunters available for displays, but not as a team as we have changed jet type to fly as a team.

The pilots are all current or ex military with valid aerobatic display authorisations.

Regards
Gerald