Travelair mystery ship in Uk restoration

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

http://panchobarnesfilm.com/film/production-journal.html
This is going to be a very special flyer.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Not there any more! Completed and moved to storage,

Member for

20 years 1 month

Storage???

Bruce, do you mean not on public display storage? if so will or has the aircraft be flown?

What an amazing site to see two Mystery Ships in the UK, this original, and the new Seeley, Souch replica.

It would be such a shame if this one is not able to be viewed.
(don`t suppose you have some photos of it all done do you..)

Member for

24 years 2 months

No, sorry, no pictures; the customer requested no press coverage, as is his right. I am quite surprised that there are any on that website; I dont remember anyone with a camera at the time we finished it!

I would be very surprised if it flew in the UK.

Bruce

Member for

19 years

I does amaze me that in these days of the internet that people almost expect to have access to everything and have pictures and information of what is essentialy a private individuals property.
I have to admit however to hoping that this one is seen out and about, it is such a rare and iconic Aeroplane. But hay ho it is down to the owner, just pleased to know that it still exists and has been lovingly restored.

Member for

16 years 6 months

I think most of us appreciate that an owner has the right to privacy and may have worries over security and possible theft or damage.
Equally, as an enthusiast it is very frustrating to know that something is out there and we don't even get to see a picture of it. By all means keep the location secret but a picture against a non descript backdrop which won't reveal the location is greatly appreciated by most of us.
I have a particular interest in air racers so i am really pleased to hear that this one is being well lokked after. I would love to see this aeroplane and to see it fly would be even better.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Mauld's video of the replica Mystery Ship (sticky video thread) took me to this thread, now over three years old. What a great looking period aircraft, with seemingly no forward view for the pilot! A nice looking and sounding airshow performer. I wonder if the original aircraft featured in the link above has surfaced?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Still in storage I believe

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks Mike.