A true classic jet...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Pictured during its first spell on the airshow circuit...

This is another photo that was given to me so am not sure of the location. I think it appeared with the RNHF Sea Fury and Firefly at the show.

Hope you like the pic

Mark
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c62e70e8610660d.jpg

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: A true classic jet...

Here's an airborne picture of the Sea Hawk FGA.6 during her all to brief display career in 1997, hopefully the jetpipe will be repaired soon and she will be put back on the scene.
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c642646693b3051.jpg

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hang on a minute, iv'e just noticed that the livery is not as per my picture in the first one, I dont think that this was taken during the same period, unless the top shot was taken during pre-display tests and she was repainted just prior to her short stint in public.In fact I suspect its a diferent aircraft altogether, unless of course she was re-serialed.
Your thoughts please.

Phil.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Phil

It is the same aircraft.

WV908 was airworthy for several seasons between 1978 and 1986, then was overhauled and put into storage due to lack of funds.
During this time it flew in the markings of the first image.

BAe carried out a restoration on the jet at Dunsfold between 1995 and 1996 which included the new paint scheme. Sadly as most will know it suffered severe damage in July 1997 which has grounded it ever since.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Very nice pic by the way :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ah that explains it, i must admit i dont recall seeing her first time around, although i suppose i must have done, must scour my archive pictures again.
Phil