SPOTTED - Thread Part Deux

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

OV-10, presumably up from Duxford, over Panshanger at 10.00hrs. And was that Mr. Hiscock's aircraft tucked in between the hangers on the airfield ?

Original post

Member for

20 years 4 months

OV-10, presumably up from Duxford, over Panshanger at 10.00hrs. And was that Mr. Hiscock's aircraft tucked in between the hangers on the airfield ?

Nope. In the hangar at Popham with a knackered engine. All donations accepted

Member for

15 years 5 months

Sally B, passing over Leighton Buzzard, heading west at 10am this morning, then returning 5.45pm. Added bonus was a quick 'circle' around Heath and Reach before heading off to Duxford.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Sally B passing between Shillington/Henlow about 17:30 last night, clearly related to the above!

Member for

13 years 5 months

She was with us at the Odiham families day and looked and sounded as good as ever.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Pair of A10 heading South passing West abeam Gunby, E. Lincs 2-49pm.

Clive.:)

Member for

12 years 8 months

North Weald Skyraider over Watford yesterday at 16:00

Member for

16 years

BBMF over Orpington at about 15.00,i think going in to Biggin from Eastbourne Airshow and Hawk this morning probably for the same,plus aerobatic display in the distance with plenty of smoke,not sure of the type.

Member for

15 years 4 months

Aerobatics was at west Kent golf club,
Extra 330 Mark jefferies.
Lancaster, spitfire, hurricane, hawk x3 and Kingair
All at Biggin tonight.

Member for

14 years 10 months

Chinook in the vicinity of Twickenham rugby stadium, heard rather than seen. Odd to have a Wocka flying around so close to Heathrow traffic...

Member for

20 years

Hunter nose (Marked as 1 sqdn?) Northbound M40 nr Banbury 10:00 11 August.
Any ideas which one?

Member for

16 years 11 months

Heard a strange sounding engine yesterday , Thursday afternoon , or was it Wednesday , I don't remember for sure , fuzzy head and nightshifts confusing me , looked out of bedroom window and saw old bedstead with castors for undercarraige heading for OW , dodging rain showers , only ever see the copper chopper over B'wade normally , or was I dreaming !!!:confused:

spike

Member for

14 years 10 months

Sounds like Kennet Aviation's Westland Wasp, it often drops in on OW shows.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Cheers Adlertag, is it this one, seen here at North Weald last year ?

Attachments

Member for

17 years 1 month

BBMF Dakota has departed Biggin Hill within the last 5 minutes. Just passed over head in Orpington.

Member for

15 years 4 months

BBMF Dakota has departed Biggin Hill within the last 5 minutes. Just passed over head in Orpington.

Wasn't the BBMF Dak, just the lanc, hurricane and spitfire
At Biggin today.
Also three hawks.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Did I see an RAF schemed Chipmunk at Popham when I sped past at 70 earlier today?

Member for

13 years 5 months

Did I see an RAF schemed Chipmunk at Popham when I sped past at 70 earlier today?

Yes you did!

Member for

18 years 1 month

Yes you did!

That's good to hear, I only caught a very brief glimpse of the tail before the trees alongside the A303 covered it. Do you know which Chipmunk it was / is?

Member for

17 years 1 month

Wasn't the BBMF Dak, just the lanc, hurricane and spitfire
At Biggin today.
Also three hawks.

Which one was it then, it must have passed over Biggin Hill!? It had invasion stripes.

Member for

15 years 11 months

11.55am Beech 18 over Camberley heading South.