Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New "Wot Plane" Thread (For The Rules Of The Game, See Post #1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy hints and nobody biting - ah well, I'll plump for a Czech lady, the Avia 236.

Comment

Hi Mike!
      Correct on all points

Comment

Thanks Walter - here's a wee jet..
        Attached Files

Comment

Caproni F5.

Kind regards,
          Thomas

Comment

Of course it is, Thomas, one of Signor Frati's pleasant designs. Over to you..

Comment

And here's the next:
              Attached Files

Comment

Good morning!

The plane is a one-off, constructed and built in the USA.

Thomas

Comment

The Gross Sky Ghost in the US National Soaring Museum?

Comment

Originally posted by avion ancien View Post
                    The Gross Sky Ghost in the US National Soaring Museum?
                    Correct!

You have control...

Thomas

Comment

Thank you, Thomas. I will contribute - but it will have to wait until the morning.

Comment

Morning all! Here's the next offering.

Comment

Thanks Monsieur Avion. It has a Tipsy Belfair look, although the rudder doesn't seem right. Or maybe Sipa? But I'll stick to Belfair for the moment.
                          Laurence

Comment

Tipsy B.c. ?

http://www.bamfbamrs.be/Bamrs/tipsy/spub-tipsy-s2-b.jpg
                            If it looks good, it will fly good !
                            -Bill Lear & Marcel Dassault

http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bonjour Laurence. No, it's not a Belfair. In fact it's not Tipsy at all. I supect that the cockpit of this aeroplane would be a tad too small to fit two, side by side!
                              Last edited by avion ancien; 7th January 2012, 12:35. Reason: Responding to topspeed as well

Comment

Hello A.A.
                                My vote goes to Notteghem LN-01 of 1951.
                                Do you have the registration of this aircraft?

Comment

Your vote is well cast, Walter. I have it simply as the Notteghem avion. I wasn't even aware that it had a designation, let alone a registration mark. For such an elegant little aeroplane, designed and built by such a noteworthy pilot, it's surprising how little information there is concerning it. I cannot trace it having been registered - searching against Notteghem on the DGAC website draws a blank - nor any information regarding its fate. So whilst asking if anyone knows more, the next puzzle is for you to set.

Comment

According to "Qui tait qui? by Marcel Catillon: Louis-Henri Notteghem (24.10.1918 - 23.5.2001), 1946 gliding instructor at Challes (where I used to glide 1970-1972!), then founder and director of the flight school at Saint Yan. He designed and constructed the LN-01 (single-seat, aerobatic) which flew in April 1951. I shall search for photos and ?registration.
                                    Laurence

Comment

There is a selection of good pictures at http://tanguydaniel.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=626 - which, as you will see, was the source of the image that I used.

Comment

Gentlemen!

Thank you for the lecture on the Notteghem LN-01 and for the links with some beautiful photos.
                                        It always surprises me how much info is hidden on the net and this beautiful lightplane is a good example.
                                        The LN-01 is mentioned in Les Avions Franais de 1944-1964, but without registration and the date of the first flight is mentioned as 30-11-1951.
                                        Engine 60hp Walter Mikron, span 7,00m, length 6,22m, max. speed 215km/h, cruise 190km/h, range 1100km
                                        I hope that if someone finds the registration, he will put it on the forum. Thanks!

The next wot plane will follow later today.

Comment

The pyramid has nothing to do with this aircraft`s origin.
                                          And it is not a homebuilt.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X