Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New "Wot Plane" Thread (For The Rules Of The Game, See Post #1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting looking propellor blades. Presumably they will assist someone in its identification.

Comment

Chyetverikov TA-1

Open House

Comment

O.H. declared.
        The Chetverikov TA-1 it is!

Comment

suggest to restart with this light twin amphibious flying boat.
          Attached Files

Comment

Good morning!

Johansen CaJo 59 D-GDFH.

Kind regards,
            Thomas

Comment

Ooh, we've had that one before. I think that I might even have posted it, having found the image in an ancient A-B German civil register volume. Am I right in thinking that it exists today in a Danish museum? But I do acknowledge that the further this thread progresses, the more difficult it becomes to avoid the risk of repetition - something not helped by the 'short term' nature of the search facility that now exists on this forum.

Comment

a very good day Thomas!

The CaJo-59 it is
                Your turn please

A.A. wait for the next one, when it is my turn.

Comment

@Avion ancien: If the CaJo 59 does indeed exist, I would be very pleased to learn where. Based on the current edition of Ogden's "Aviation Museums and Collections of Mainland Europe" I can't find it among the exhibits of any Danish museum.

The next "Wot Plane":
                  Attached Files

Comment

On 31 July 2010, in the course of the predecessor to this thread, wout told us that:

"The CJ-59 (CaJo-59) of 1967 by Carl Johansen. Now in the collection of the Dansk Veteransflysamlung Museum (Danish Vintage Aircraft Collection)".

There's more at http://forum.keypublishing.com/archi...5471-p-10.html.

Comment

Good morning!

The current "Wot Plane" is a homebuilt - and as far as I know a one-off. Its construction originates in Germany.

Thomas

Comment

It looks as if it was built for a short pilot, then a taller one wanted to fly so they had to increase the height of the canopy.
                        I have no idea.
                        Laurence

Comment

Good morning!

Does it help to add that the construction is not wood or mixed construction but GRP/composite? The plane got a prize for "most progressive" (or is it "most advanced") construction by the OUV (Oskar-Ursinus-Vereinigung, the German equivalent of the PFA) at some stage.

Initially the single-seater was flown with an open cockpit, i.e. just a windshield.

Regards from Leverkusen,
                          Thomas

Comment

Good morning!

Since there has been no successful attempt on identifying the current "Wot Plane", I'll better give you the solution (not much time to "surf" over the Christmas days...):

The plane is a Klinke K-1 and is has the registration D-EGKW. My photo is ca. from the year 2000 when I attended the annual OUV Fly-in in Koblenz.

Open House and Merry Christmas to all of you!

Thomas

P.S. Another more recent picture (September 2008) can be found here: http://www.flugzeugforum.de/forum/sh...ghlight=D-EGKW
                            Attached Files

Comment

They are not reindeer, but this is as Christmasy as I could find.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Canadian Fairchild 71, I believe.

Merry Christmas, All!

( I HAD "Super" 71... but I was mistook, eh?)
                                :-)

SCRATCH that! It's a Super Universal... jeez dunno my own aviation heritage.
                                Last edited by Canuck; 24th December 2011, 20:02.

Comment

It does look like it - but the identification I have is of a different machine, and I don't know of any relation to Canada.

Comment

Ho ho ho!

Errr, are we talking about the aeroplane or the horses?

Comment

I think the aeroplane. But horse lovers are welcome to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by RAB View Post
                                        It does look like it - but the identification I have is of a different machine, and I don't know of any relation to Canada.
                                        Oh, it's in Canada... I've seen the pic before , somewhere... and it's definitely a "Charlie Fox" registration, beneath the wing.

Comment

Hamilton H-47

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                          X