Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New "Wot Plane" Thread (For The Rules Of The Game, See Post #1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a relative of the Farman F-71. F-75 ??

Comment

It is a relative; higher number.

Comment

Time to put this to rest - Farman F 81. Next one in a while.

Comment

An easier one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Uncle Sam special, the Babcock LC-13A racer.

Comment

Yes- you have it, Moze.

Comment

Alrighty then, how about something a bit larger?

BTW- Hard to find photos of those higher numbered Farmans.
                Attached Files

Comment

Beriev MDR-5 ?

Comment

Nah, It's a Be-6.

Comment

Yup, Canuck has it with the Be-6. Over to you.

Comment

Thanks, Moze.

Those engines & props look suspiciously like B-29 parts, don't they? Perhaps one of our more knowledgeable members could clarify... are they part of the Tu-4 "reverse-engineering" effort?

I'll try and find something a bit more difficult than my usual... likely, tomorrow morning (GMT-5).

Comment

Here we go...

Comment

This could be the Sznycer-Gottlieb BS12 or the later Omega.

John

Comment

Close enough. Omega SB-12 is the tag given.

You have control, John.

Comment

Try this.

John

Comment

I'm thinking AD... is the fuselage on its side?

Comment

No it's upright. but...

Comment

You do make them fiendishly difficult, John. But your approach to this theme makes a pleasing change!

The fuselage section appears to be in a public place - a square, park or suchlike. If so, one assumes that it has some significance - beyond being part of an old aeroplane - to the place where it is located. Perhaps it has been recovered from a crash site. Maybe the pilot or an event in which it was involved was famous (or infamous). Maybe the aeroplane crashed with significant loss of lives of those who lived in or about that place. Presumably there is some significance in the blind (?) hatch or door in the fuselage side. The flora suggests a temperate climate (or Torquay!). However the fact that the terra cotta pot containing the tree fern (?) has not been vandalised or smashed seems to exclude a British location. And if it is a tree fern, perhaps the location is in the Antipodes?

Now, having removed my deerstalker hat, taken my pipe from my mouth and put down my violin, I have to confess that, still, I neither know what or where it is! But if any of my deductions are 'warm', I might have helped others. And that, when it comes down to it, is why we are here.

Comment

Ah, maybe it's not a fuselage or section thereof. Maybe it's a wing section and what I refer to as a hatch or door is, in fact, a flap of some sort - which might explain why it appears to close into a 'blind' opening? No, I don't think that can be right because if it is a flap then it appears to open at a right angle to the flow of air over or under a wing.
                                        Last edited by avion ancien; 30th November 2011, 11:56. Reason: Having just realised the fatal flaw in my theory!

Comment

Looks like the fuselage side dive brake on a Skyraider?
                                          http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?q=...t=most_popular

Comment

Working...
                                          X