Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avro Avian Rebuild

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Planemike
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Dec 2007

Wow.............Hen's teeth, or what ..........!!! What a wonderful find !!

Comment

• K5054NZ
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • May 2008

Paul, I was Googling for Avian pictures and plans for a future model build and rediscovered the thread. After reading from the start I'd love to know: How's it all going?

BTW my link to Avians, beyond falling for VH-UFZ thanks to a spread in Classic Wings Downunder way back when, is that my home- and current town is Whanganui, where NZ's last Avian ZK-ACM met her untimely demise in 1974.
      "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Comment

• Avro Avian
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2010

Hi Zac, I'm afraid I have to report little or no progress in recent years, due mainly to an almost total lack of a work/life balance, to the extent it is having a negative impact on my health and well-being. The fact it has taken a week for me to reply to your question is a case in point. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a position where alternative employment opportunities are few and far between for the qualifications I have, to the point where I would have to move either interstate or overseas, at a considerable financial cost to myself.
        Having said that, I am still collecting bits and pieces, mainly engine parts for the ADC Cirrus, AS Genet Major and DH Gipsy engines. Any leads on any of the afore mentioned engines, especially the upright Gipsy engines, would be most appreciated.
        In regards to ZK-ACM, the former owner, Keith Trillo, very kindly sent me a box full of surviving Avro Avian factory drawings some years back.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X