24 years 3 months

A Hawker Hart of the IAF, in flight
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c7890e0feb67f32.jpg

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Pic Of The Day-24/02/02!!

Hi Kabir try this for a pic of the day they dont get much better than this.

This is a Hawker Hart of 603 City of Edinburgh Squadron If I remember correctly it form 1933 or 34

I also have some Harts from the same flying over the Forth Rail bridge but it a little fuzzy to make out the aircraft.

this picture is copyrighted to someone so cant be published but I though seeing as I have permission and its on my site I would share it with you.

regards Scott
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3c78afba29ab6859.jpg

Member for

24 years 3 months

Any Harts still flying?

Kabir, Scott, nice ones as usual.

Does anyone out there know if there are there any Harts still flying? When I was a schoolboy (mid '70s!!) I remember seeing a colour picture in Flight International, which must have been a contemporary flying example. Any ideas?

Snoopy

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Any Harts still flying?

Not sure about Harts, but the Shuttleworth Hind is still going strong. There's also a Demon under restoration at Skysport, and I think I read somewhere that HAC have got a couple of Hawker biplanes on the backburner, Audax and Fury I think, but I could be wrong on that...

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 27-02-02 AT 06:47 AM (GMT)]Thanks, Steve. Shuttleworth's Hind will do for starters ... Sorry if these are dumb questions, but:

1: Sorry, didn't recognise the acronym HAC -- can you educate an ignorant foreigner on the full form?
2: Where are they located?
3: Do they receive casual visitors, or are they "appointments only"?
4: Do they have a website? (OK, OK; I can do the google search myself!)

Thanks anyway, and regards,

Snoopy

Member for

24 years 3 months

Snoopy, answers as follows:

1 - Historic Aircraft Collection; Guy Black's company. The boys who operate Spitfire BM597 (Charlie Brown, etc)
2 - Surrey, I think
3 - Sorry mate, no idea
4 - I think so, google's probably your best bet.

A bit vague, but hope it helps...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks, Steve.

(Mus' make sure my car-rental agreement doesn't have a clause charging for extra mileage, the next time I'm in the UK ... )

Regards,

Snoopy