Brown Brothers' aircraft spares catalogue

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 6 months

I was having a search through the forum and I saw that someone has previously posted a copy of the brown brothers catalogue on the internet, however the link has expired :( I was wondering if anyone has a copy that they could email to me. The reason I ask is that I want to install the piping to the back of my now complete Spitfire BFP, I have a copy of the drawing for the pipe installation, however I cant find the relevant parts dimensions (or spares anywhere on the internet (AGS 876 2,4 and 5)(AGS 838 4 and 5). I was hoping the dimensions or at least illustrations would be in the catalogue so I could fabricate my own!
Regards,
Dave

Original post

Member for

17 years 10 months

I don't think it was the complete catalogue-mine has 259 pages.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Here's AGS838..alas 876 not in my book!

Member for

15 years 4 months

Brown Brothers address correction

I tried to post a correction, but the same mistake happened again. So try the following

chilton-aircraft.co.uk/Images/brown%20brothers.pdf

don't forget to add the 3 w's at the beginning

Member for

24 years 2 months

LOL - its the same image I posted up before; I didnt realise my link had expired, but then it probably hasnt been used for a while.

The above looks like a good place to leave it.

Bruce

Member for

15 years 4 months

I don't think it was the complete catalogue-mine has 259 pages.

Here's AGS838..alas 876 not in my book!

I must have a different copy of the BB catalogue. Mine finishes on page 288. It has AGS838 in a different layout but again no AGS876. I was wondering whether anybody still used these catalogues, now I know. Mine was just sat on a shelf gathering dust.

Member for

24 years 2 months

My apologies for resurrecting such an old thread.

I'm trying to find a cross-reference or further information on AGS843, 851, 852, 853 and 936 tubular rivets which gives the materials for each type. While the AGS501 standard in my 1941 copy mentions the above standards it fails to mention what they were originally and which AGS501 dash-number number relates to the type it superseded.

If anybody has an earlier edition of the Brown Bros Aviation Catalogue that they wouldn't mind having a look through I'd really appreciate it please.