VC10's at Brunty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajw View Post
    Saying 808 is now at Bruntingthorpe to be broken? I thought it was going to cosford?
    It's being pressure tested here at the moment in preperation for post-major flight tests.
    http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?q=...t=most_popular

Comment

Lovely, thanks for the info! Glad to hear it! Don't suppose you have any 'inside info' on XV108 by any chance? Whats its likely fate?

Comment

Afraid not I only get to hear what's happening with the majors and minors performed on them.
        This will obviously be '808s last major.

Don't suppose you have any 'inside info' on XV108 by any chance?
        She looked a proper tart the last time I saw '108

Comment

Given the detailed level of spares reclamation, are they keeping the remainder of the fleet going for some considerable time then?

Comment

The current out of service date is proposed to be 2015-17, but at a meeting the other day it was made clear that this could change again.
            This is probably one for the Modern Military forum really, but I believe that the idea is to have all the PFI supplied A330s available for service from 2016 (insert laugh where appropriate!).
            Last VC-10 major will be in December this year.

Comment

Wow, she does look like a tart When was that pagen? And what was done? Is she due another major?

Really hope she's kept at the end of RAF life!

Comment

I suspect that that’s her just out of a major prior to repaint.
                Don’t suppose there are any new pictures of XR807 being stripped ? Any much appreciated.

Comment

XR807 is pretty much a gutted shell now. Many of the windows have been removed and what little remains inside is now open to the elements!

http://www.thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com/index.html

Comment

Are there new arrivals expected?? I have just been to brize after a day at fairford and there sits XV102 with no re-fuelling pods on her wings........just like what happened to 109 and 807 prior to getting scrapped.................

Comment

Just a few more days and XR807 will be no more. All that remains now is a stripped out aluminium hulk awaiting the shredder. Not even the cockpit will be saved.

A few photos from earlier this evening...

Comment

Looks like someone got the artwork or emblem from the fuselage aft of the cockpit window.
                        Cheers,Peter
                        "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

Comment

Are there new arrivals expected?? I have just been to brize after a day at fairford and there sits XV102 with no re-fuelling pods on her wings........just like what happened to 109 and 807 prior to getting scrapped.................
                          Not for over a year or more I believe (although with the caveat that 18months ago I'm not sure whether it was expected to lose 807 and 109).

As for the OSD, Pagen was a little generous, as with the servicing as it is, late 2013/2014 seems to be the ballpark, although whether the introduction into service of the A330 (and more importantly its tanking capability) will have any impact is another matter. I'm sure it'll be just as smooth as any other introduction to service!
                          Last edited by Hot_Charlie; 24th July 2010, 21:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Plazz View Post
                            Not even the cockpit will be saved.
                            I'm guessing due to size, or was there some MoD obstruction to this?

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Plazz. Any idea why so many holes have been cut in the fuselage? Souvenir hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                                Looks like someone got the artwork or emblem from the fuselage aft of the cockpit window.
                                All VC10s had a VC winners name in a scroll at exactly that position so I guess that is why that hole is there.
                                It is fine to want to soar with the eagles. However, weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Comment

Finally Gone ?

So has XR807 finally met its maker now? a scrapping date would be nice to conclude the history of this airframe.

Cheers
                                  Mark
                                  Mark Ray
                                  WWW.Demobbed.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jagx204 View Post
                                    So has XR807 finally met its maker now? a scrapping date would be nice to conclude the history of this airframe.

Cheers
                                    Mark
                                    XR807's remains were shredded on Wednesday 28th July!

Cheers, Plazz

Comment

thought it had gone quiet...
                                      Cheers,Peter
                                      "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

Comment

Thanks Plazz, suspected it had met its maker
                                        Mark Ray
                                        WWW.Demobbed.org.uk

Comment

Did anyone get any last photos? Or are they too graphic

Comment

Working...
                                          X