Flying high at Little Staughton

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

A pathfinder field we have discussed recently put to a use I am not certain its WW2 occupants would have totally approved of.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/displayarticle.asp?id=483510

Moggy

Original post

Member for

16 years 5 months

Hmm.. sadly not the first time the Police have taken an interest in activities there. I'm sure a stolen vehicle / car ringing operation was uncovered there, and previous to that there was a case of illegal immigrants arriving / departing by light aircraft.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Hmm.. sadly not the first time the Police have taken an interest in activities there. I'm sure a stolen vehicle / car ringing operation was uncovered there, and previous to that there was a case of illegal immigrants arriving / departing by light aircraft.

We had an industrial unit there for 2 or 3 years and there was a great deal of police activity at the time related to illegal immigration and at least two "snatches".

Member for

21 years

Maybe next time they'll set up at Gransden and reactivate the FIDO to heat the greenhouses....:p

Member for

15 years 6 months

Does anyone recall when a Cessna landed at Bruntinghorpe carrying drugs? I was living in Gilmorton at the time, and remember seeing the Cessna land, and hearing police sirens on their way to the airfield.

I paid attention as it's not often a light aero lands at Bruntingthorpe, and we read about it in the paper in the week following!

It must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the locals, having this happen under their noses.

Scott.

Member for

18 years 11 months

10/10 for thread title!:D

Member for

16 years 11 months

I always said that this Forum had gone to pot!

I'll get me coat:D