TWO 'Butcher Birds' on the British airshow circuit?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 9 months

Oh please, merciful lord, let it be true :D

Original post

Member for

14 years 4 months

:confused:

Member for

19 years 11 months

Oh please, merciful lord, let it be true :D

Care to elaborate for us lesser mortals who have lost the ability to read minds

Member for

20 years 9 months

Yes please do - especially the 'British' bit :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 7 months

Here's one....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/images/2007/06/07/war_fw190_406x304.jpg

;)

Member for

18 years 2 months

What, this...:confused:

http://www.aeroplanemonthly.co.uk/imageBank/f/FW190replica_Flugwerk_Jul041.jpg

Member for

20 years 8 months

Care to elaborate for us lesser mortals who have lost the ability to read minds
I think he's referring to Tom Blair's recently sold example (rumoured to to be staying in Europe) and Christophe Jaquard's example possibly appearing together. I would love to see it.

Member for

20 years 9 months

I think he's referring to Tom Blair's recently sold example (rumoured to to be staying in Europe) and Christophe Jaquard's example possibly appearing together. I would love to see it.
The ex Tom Blair aircraft is most definatley staying in Europe and of course the Fighter Factory machine at Bremgarten is now in the finally stages of completion. However I don't think you could describe any of these aircraft as being 'on the British airshow circuit', or likely to be. Of course that does not rule out the odd appearance such as at Duxford last July.

Member for

20 years 8 months

I think that is what our young friend means. Now that the ex-Tom Blair one is out of the way of the Campaign Against Aviation we may get to see a pair flying together at Legends.
Having seen its performance last year I have to say that it would be twice as good to see a pair together in the air rather than just on the ground.

Member for

16 years 5 months

Having seen its performance last year I have to say that it would be twice as good to see a pair together in the air rather than just on the ground.

Yes i agree.. with perhaps a couple or three of Spitfire IX's in the circuit just to set the imagination rolling.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Nice idea, I'll go along with that.

Member for

14 years 9 months

Nice idea, I'll go along with that.

Sounds like a hoot to me too. Love your new sig, btw, very...clever :confused:

Member for

14 years 1 month

There seems that one of Flug Werk GmbH 190's are destined for Sweden next year.
Rumors says that a quartet, not yet anounced, have signed for one.
This wold be a nice addition to the two Spitfires and Mustang that Biltema operates in Sweden.

Member for

20 years 8 months

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of the fact that the new ones are unarmed and a lot lighter than their WWII counterparts they are still awesome performers. When I saw it take off at Legends last year I thought the pilot was trying to intercept the flying cigar tube passing over head at the time.

Member for

24 years 2 months

How fast are they? Do they outperform a Bearcat???

Member for

20 years 8 months

I'm not sure but I would say they are capable of giving it a run for its money.

Member for

16 years 5 months

How fast are they? Do they outperform a Bearcat???

Personally i'd say no chance... but as i'm ground based who am i to say.!

Member for

20 years 8 months

If it doesn't I'd say they are pretty much on a par.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Hard to say as obviously they are new builds but a Bearcat is faster than a genuine Fw190 A8.

Member for

14 years 4 months

Hard to say as obviously they are new builds but a Bearcat is faster than a genuine Fw190 A8.

Indeed, the Bearcat has some 2,100hp to play with compared to the original FW-190's 2,000hp (with boost). Maximum speed-wise, the Bearcat pips it at 421mph to the FW-190's 408mph (with boost), so quite similar in those respects. From memory, the Bearcat's rate of climb is almost 2:1 to the Focke Wulf's - something like 4,500ft a minute to the '190's 2,570ft!

Once the FlugWerk machines have been worked up to a full aerobatic routine, I'd be very interested to hear how to two compare - or indeed, how they compare with any other warbirds of that era.

Member for

17 years 5 months

I always remember (around 95/96) the OFMC Iraqi Fury doing a fantastic routine with the Bearcat (:eek:),

If the A8 could match those two I can see why we needed the Mk 9 Spit ;)