Aviation-Magazine

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 8 months

A cry to the intelligentsia for help! Was there a magazine entitled 'Aviation-Magazine'? It has been suggested to me that there was and that it was in publication in the 1950s. However a web search against this name produces nothing of assistance. My reason for asking is that I have acquired a large collection of black and white photographs, with crinkle cut edges, which bear the legend 'Collection Aviation-Magazine' in a white box in the bottom right hand corner and the aircraft name in a similar box in the the bottom left hand corner. There is nothing on the reverse of the postcards. I'd like to know something of their provenance. Thus learned input will be much appreciated.

Original post

Member for

17 years 9 months

Yes there was. It was printed on very poor paper and I have a number here. There was an english language version on sale in UK in the mid/late 50's.

John

Member for

15 years 8 months

Photo Collection

Will you be scanning and uploading them as brain-food for the intelligentsia on this forum? :)

Member for

16 years 8 months

Yes there was. It was printed on very poor paper and I have a number here. There was an english language version on sale in UK in the mid/late 50's.

John

So if there was an English language version, what was the language of the original? Was it a French magazine? From the few that you have, John, can you tell me anything concerning the dates that it was in publication or, better still, relating to the wad of postcards that I acquired?

Member for

14 years 2 months

I remember it. It was my first "serious" magazine as a youngster, passionate about aircraft. Later on it was Flight and the original Aeroplane.

Member for

17 years 9 months

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Aeroclub/img158.jpg

John

Profile picture for user battle_damaged

Member for

19 years 3 months

Hallo,

I used to get them more or less regularly in the mid-sixties. I found a cover on the web, actually on Lecampe.fr which seems to be a French version of the big 'E'.

brgds
Alan

Attachments

Member for

16 years 8 months

Thank you, all of you. I now realise why I picked up the wad of postcards - not just of French aircraft, but aircraft from all over the world - at a vide grenier just a few kilometres down the road from me!