What Book Are You Reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shikar by Jack Warner.

A man-eating tiger is on the loose in small-town America. Not bad so far.
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Hi All,
      Clive Cussler-Raise The Titanic.
      EDIT:- Really recommended fastest I have read a book in a while couldn't put it down.

Geoff.
      Last edited by 1batfastard; 2nd January 2015, 17:45.

Comment

Re-reading Stephen Hawking's biography in advance of seeing the film next month.
        Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Comment

Just finished "Troubles" by J.G.Farrell,set against the Irish War of Independence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubles_(novel)
          Terms & Conditions Apply.

Comment

Still working my way throough Gideon's Spies but also reading Tom Clancy's Fighter Wing. I admit that it is a bit out of date now, having been published in 1995, but it is helping me to understand the organisation of a USAF combat wing.
            The mind once expanded by a new idea never returns to its original size.

Comment

Hi All,
              Fredderick Forsyth - Dogs Of War.

Geoff.

Comment

Terrific read, Geoff!!
                Charlie

Comment

On a lighter note have just bought one of the last Tom Sharpe books, entitled The Gropes, hope this is as funny as other books have been , report later.

Comment

Not long finished Shikar by Jack Warner.

Might dig out Life of Pi to read next.
                    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Hi All,
                      Charlie,
                      I thought at the beginning it would get straight down to the nitty gritty but then jumped to Manson's London HQ so the plot thickens very enjoyable though.

Geoff.

Comment

Just started reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
                        Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Comment

Cold - Ranulph Fiennes' stories of his many expeditions to the coldest places on earth.
                          Charlie

Comment

Recently read Menacing The Reich: Mosquito Operations in World War II. Very good read, covers all aspects of Mosquito ops. I got it on Kindle as I'd never seen it on sale in any bookshop.
                            The mind once expanded by a new idea never returns to its original size.

Comment

I'm currently reading American Sniper.

This is a great read thus far!

Comment

The Eagle Has Landed - Jack Higgins

I don't know if I'll finish it, I only read 2 or 3 pages a day.
                                sigpicHindsight is what you see from the tailgunner's position...

Comment

Next Flights
                                  28/03/17 EK036 Newcastle - Dubai
                                  29/03/17 EK317 Dubai - Tokyo (Narita)

Comment

Hi All,
                                    Charlie,
                                    You where right about the Dogs Of War excellent read especially the wy Roux was persuaded to give up with the assassination of attempt on Shannon with a present in his mail box.
                                    I am now 1/3 the way into Andy McDermott's - Covenant Of Genesis, only problem is it refers back to three other novels in the series. Anybody else ever pick up a book and have had the same trouble ? I feel that if I read on I have missed out on the previous story lines involving these characters again anybody else felt the same ? Also does it really matter if the three previous books are different events involving the same characters ? Your thought please gentlemen.

Geoff.

Comment

SR-71-The Complete Illustrated History of the Blackbird, the World's Highest, Fastest Plane by Col. Richard H. Graham.
                                      sigpic
                                      "All the thrust in Christendom couldn't make a fighter out of that airplane".----Vice Admiral Thomas Connolly on the F-111B

Comment

A fascinating read and if you ever get the chance of his "walk and talk" around the SR71 in the AAM at Duxford don't miss it!
                                        Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
                                          Also does it really matter if the three previous books are different events involving the same characters ? Your thought please gentlemen.Geoff.
                                          Geoff
                                          The previous books are the same characters finding themselves in the same situations but in different parts of the world, so don't worry - you haven't missed much. Those Andy Mc Dermott books are a good holiday read, but that's about it.
                                          I've just finished reading my first Hemingway novel - A Farewell to Arms - seems to me to be an exercise in writing style, story didn't go anywhere much.
                                          Currently reading 'Forgotten Voices of the Second World War' by Max Arthur, part of an excellent series of Forgotten Voices books based on the oral history tapes collected by the IWM back in the seventies and eighties.
                                          plain old vanilla

Comment

Working...
                                          X