Eurovision Song Contest

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 4 months

Oh no, whats wrong with everyone, didn't you watch it, didn't you subveresly love it, aren't you horrified that Sir Terry was totally peed of with it and ruined the show with his reticence, what is going to become of this epic music extravaganza that we all love so much.
Even our 'On another planet' teenager insisted on watching it, we know why, he knew that our Finnish friends would attempt to inject a bit of Metal into the proceedings, good for them, it was cool, but the Russians could have urinated up a wall and won it.
You may think we are a bit sad, but it has always been a bit of a perverse laugh, though I can think back to the old days of Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson, when the whole country took it very seriously, it was an icon of a programme in those days, Lonnie was getting into his stride, but everyone loved Eurovision, crap though it was even then.
Like Miss World, it should be shoved off the edges of oblivion and forgotten about, leave it to the Ex-Soviet sattelites to sort it out amongst themselves, they deserve each others musical crap.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

We wanted to send a satire of the festival, and decided to send a freaky thing, which has ashamed the country. Eurovision is a net of influences, friendships and so on. I do admire Italy for having withdrawn themselves from it.

Member for

20 years 11 months

The only thing that spoils the whole show is that stupid Irish git doing the voice overs..the man should,ve been drowned at birth

Member for

20 years 8 months

The only thing that's spoils the whole show is that stupid Irish git doing the voice overs..the man should,ve been drowned at birth

That's the only thing Steve :eek::D

Member for

19 years 4 months

The only thing that's spoils the whole show is that stupid Irish git doing the voice overs..the man should,ve been drowned at birth

Do you sit up all night and watch the show in OZ then, proves dedication to the cause.
I know you like a good wind up, but I bet even you didn't tune in to listen to Terry this morning, he's probably as much of a staid old b##### like you in reality, but I'm afraid he is a much loved 'Irish Git' over here, he is one of those few people who can reduce me to laughing so much, that I have to pull over to the kerb, he seems to have the ability to reach out to anybody with his unsubtle comments, from my 14 year old youth, who only watched the programme for Wogans snide comments, to old gits like me.
Leave the man alone, he deserves his place in the sphere of things.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Honestly the whole contest has gone beyond a joke now, And the only reason anybody seems to watch it in the UK is for Terry Wogan's commentary, The guy is a national treasure.

But i think its high time Uk takes a leaf from Italy's songbook and pull out of this farce, We are one of the main backers of this competition and i am sure this money can be diverted elsewhere.

We have no chance of winning this again nor have any Western European countries, It has no value as a talent contest and even less value in promoting a nation.

I wonder if it should be changed so all acts sing in English and there nationalities are kept secret until voting has ended, Admittedly in this day and age that maybe difficult but at least the songs would be judged on there own merit and not on politics.

I think its virtually impossible to save this competition now unless somebody is brave enough to totally change the way it is run.

Member for

17 years 6 months

I think it is time for the UK to withdraw.

I don’t know how much this farce costs us every year (does anybody else?) but the money could be better spent.

Wogan is a genius.....him (and his listeners) are the funniest thing on radio!

Member for

16 years 4 months

Honestly the whole contest has gone beyond a joke now, And the only reason anybody seems to watch it in the UK is for Terry Wogan's commentary, The guy is a national treasure.

But i think its high time Uk takes a leaf from Italy's songbook and pull out of this farce, We are one of the main backers of this competition and i am sure this money can be diverted elsewhere.

We have no chance of winning this again nor have any Western European countries, It has no value as a talent contest and even less value in promoting a nation.

I wonder if it should be changed so all acts sing in English and there nationalities are kept secret until voting has ended, Admittedly in this day and age that maybe difficult but at least the songs would be judged on there own merit and not on politics.

I think its virtually impossible to save this competition now unless somebody is brave enough to totally change the way it is run.

That's how Brass Band contests are judged. Each band plays behind a white cloth screen, the judges have no clue who is playing. (Unless bribed or othe skullduggery is involved of course)
Do they still have Brass Band contests, now the Pits have all gone?

Member for

20 years 11 months

That's the only thing Steve :eek::D

I think it's quite entertaining until that Irish half wit opens his pie hole

Member for

20 years 11 months

Wogan is a genius.....him (and his listeners) are the funniest thing on radio!

He's Irish..the words Irish and genius don't belong in the same sentence!