Notifications

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 7 months

I suspect - but don't know for certain - that I am not alone in having ceased to receive notifications of new posts to threads to which I am subscribed. This has now been the case for a number of weeks. I've checked my message/notification settings, which are unchanged (i.e. instant e-mail). I've tried deleting and then re-entering those settings, but it makes no difference. Still I receive no notifications (or messages). Maybe, despite the fact that still there is an apparent facility to enable one to opt for particular notification/message settings, it has been de-activated by the powers that be and, in fact, no-one receives notifications now! If it's the latter, perhaps someone can tell me. But if others are receiving notifications, can you please tell me how I can re-join you!

Original post

Member for

16 years 7 months

Good Heavens. Am I alone in suffering this problem? If so, now I will start to get a persecution complex!

Member for

18 years 1 month

No, Old Aeroplane, I think I have caught the same disease. I just checked on a new post I made today and there was a reply, but I had not been forewarned. What is happening?

Member for

18 years 1 month

I spoke too soon: I just got the notification, but I had reacted too quickly, prompted by your complaint. So, yes, maybe you are the only one to be persecuted in this way. Sorry, mods, for my presumption.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Sorry, Laurence, for my tardy response. It's because I'm not getting notifications for this thread - or any other! But as you are receiving notifications - as I must presume to be the case for most others, since no-one else has complained of having the same experience as me - it looks as if I've done something - what it might be, I know not - that has resulted in me being confined to the forum's 'naughty stair'. But if that is the case, I really do wish someone would identify my crime and tell me what, if anything, I need to do to purge my sins!

Profile picture for user paul1867

Member for

11 years 4 months

Thought things had gone a bit quiet.
I have same problem as well and have also checked all my settings.

help would be appreciated.

Probably need to post this on Historic to reach more people but I am too frightened of the wrong forum police.:D

I see a problem here. AA will not see that he is not alone, and I wont see any replies.

Member for

16 years 7 months

I've just seen your post, Paul - a month later! At least I'm not alone. But I can't help but note the deafening silence from the mods on this issue. Maybe if they are not affected, they don't care?

Member for

11 years 4 months

Ah still have the problem then avion, me too.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Yupp. No-one else seems to care - so why should I? Sign of the times, eh?

Member for

18 years 1 month

It's not that we don't care about you. We DO care. It's just that most of us seem to be getting notifications. For instance I got a notification about your post in Notifications.

Member for

11 years 4 months

I am not saying you do not care, but despite my best investigations I cannot see why my notifications just suddenly stopped and some help would be much appreciated. Maybe find out if there are more people having the same problem on a more visited thread or are there just 2 of us.

Member for

11 years 4 months

OK aa I have a work around which has worked so far, problem is you wont get this but hey.

Go to your profile and go to edit your password and email address. Change your email address and save and bingo notifications has started working. I have a "spare" email address which forwards to my standard address. I did not try just re-entering the same email address and saving, that may work. I now intend to change my email address back to the original and save and feel that will be OK now.

Member for

16 years 7 months

But I have! Don't ask me why. I haven't a clue. It's one of life's mysteries. And thank you, also, for your PM, Paul1867. I'll try your suggestion as soon as time permits.

Member for

11 years 4 months

It worked I got a notification for this!;)

When you think about it it's rule one, reboot.:D

Member for

16 years 7 months

Well, because I've been out all day, Paul, I haven't had a chance to try your suggestion but, nonetheless, I've had two notifications today!

Member for

11 years 4 months

Thought it had gone a bit quiet, not getting them again!!