Nigel Farage Latest News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moggy,

If Nigel has, as appears to be the case, some influence with Donald Trump, then this surely underpins his current continuing relevance. That much is obvious. Nigel is still to-days man. His column inches pile up and all without the benefit of a seat in the Commons. Other, well established MPs unable to attract media publicity, must be gnashing their teeth in envy.

Comment

Originally posted by j_jza80 View Post
      Really?

Even now, you're going to repeat the same mistake that people who are wiser than you or I have been making for years. I wonder how many people have laughed at him during his career when he suggested that Britain would leave the EU? This man has been continuously underestimated, and look at the result.

While mass immigration continues, and remains one of the major concerns for the electorate, it would be foolish to write him off.
      I'm saying the debate has moved on. Excessive immigration is widely accepted, even in the Labour party as being an issue for the electorate. Sure, things could swing back in Nigel's direction if Brexit doesn't deliver what people assume it will, but by then, UKIP will likely have fired their only MP, and have lost all their MEP's to boot.

Comment

I haven't seen anything to suggest NF has any influence with Trump. I recall their last meeting involved Farage hanging around the lobby of Trump tower after explaining who he was to a bemused receptionist until Trump came down to have his photo taken shaking his hand so he'd go away.

That is not influence. I did something similar to Dave Gilmour when I was 15. I don't claim credit for anything on 'Delicate Sound of Thunder' (although the bootleg track 'P*ss off Matt' might be connected).
        Last edited by Beermat; 2nd March 2017, 17:48.
        www.whirlwindfighterproject.org
        It's all good. Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by John Green View Post
          Other, well established MPs unable to attract media publicity, must be gnashing their teeth in envy.
          I doubt there is much envy since he has become such a prominent figure of fun.

Moggy
          "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

I will personally never forget the video images of a solitary Nigel Farage facing the massed ranks of the sneering elites in Brussels. That image reinforces his relevance.
            I saw that video as the most embarrasing attempt by a perennial boor, and he was duly ridiculed by all and sundry ( not including JG of course). A narssisistic man believing in his own importance. Except he isn't important.
            That image reinforces his irrelevance
            he showed himself to be an utter twit.
            Different perspectives.
            Last edited by trekbuster; 2nd March 2017, 18:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Moggy C View Post
              I doubt there is much envy since he has become such a prominent figure of fun.

Moggy
              Yes, but only to you and other Remoaners. 'Prominent figure of fun' ? I like a joke or three but for the life of me I can't see the 'fun'.

Forget politics for a moment. Is their not a scintilla of respect? Is there not an atom of grudging acknowledgement of this persons startling impact on the world ? Are all the media and press appearances and articles about this man simply a matter of inventive fiction with no basis in reality and unsupported by a significant mass of the electorate ?

Is it your inference that I am a misguided idiot supporting another misguided idiot in pursuit of a misquided political agenda ?

Comment

Originally posted by trekbuster View Post
                I saw that video as the most embarrasing attempt by a perennial boor, and he was duly ridiculed by all and sundry ( not including JG of course). A narssisistic man believing in his own importance. Except he isn't important.
                That image reinforces his irrelevance
                he showed himself to be an utter twit.
                Different perspectives.
                The re-action of envy from intellectually stunted critics.

Comment

Originally posted by John Green View Post
                  Yes, but only to you and other Remoaners.
                  Pay attention.

Ever since I realised there was a good chance the Scots would pack up their tent and leave I have been a staunch 'out' supporter and voter. My only worry was that the clown-like behaviour of Farage and his chums would distract from the benefits.

Now the spat with the only UKIP MP, the major donor threatening to stand against him (if he doesn't pull out altogether if they won't let him play with the train set) because Farage's chosen successors couldn't organise a pee-up in a brewery, let alone win a seat in the most leave-inclined constituency in the country for their leader.

I suppose you are right. Not comic, more tragic.

Moggy
                  Last edited by Moggy C; 2nd March 2017, 20:23.
                  "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

Much of that is for me, not a problem. Now you pay attention. My more or less consistent approach to Nigel is concerned with his undoubted political determination and what it ultimately achieved.

I did not make reference to his paymasters, his successors, some of the idiots masquerading as serious candidates, or any other aspect of UKIP which I found ranged from mildly reprehensible to full on stupid.

No. I confined my remarks about NF to those that were appreciative, supportive and marvelled at his single minded determination to achieve a successful political end, the more especially since it took twenty years to get there.

That is it; nothing more. I repeat my message to all his many vocal detractors: If you wanted to do what he has done, could you do it ? If the answer is a reluctant no, then pay some grudging tribute. Will that happen ? Hell will first freeze over.

Comment

Yes. I could. I could identify a common thread of xenophobia amongst the pub talk of the tabloid believers. If I was without principle I could use a degree of articulacy not common in those circles to gain a limited body of vocal support. I could rabble rouse a lot of people into voting for me if I stooped low enough in my message. It's not big and it's not clever - it is a cheap trick that only needs the morals of an alleycat.

Yes. I could. So could a lot of people. We can be proud that we didn't, not that we did.
                      Last edited by Beermat; 2nd March 2017, 23:18.
                      It's all good. Probably.

Comment

You're fooling yourself, but, then again, that's nothing new.

Comment

To what end?
                          It's all good. Probably.

Comment

Only you know. Perhaps it's linked to a distorted belief in one's capabilities.

Comment

I said lots of people could be Farage. I can't speak for everyone, but I can for myself when I say I would rather not be. No delusion.

I am sorry I am not impressed by the man the way you are.
                              It's all good. Probably.

Comment

I rather like the idea. My D. Tel. 28th inst. reports that UKIP endorsed by Nigel has promised to field around one hundred candidates opposing approximately the same number of Remoaner MPs at the next General Election. The idea is some kind of political revenge.

These Remoaners are the ones who have consistently opposed the democratic will of the electorate in their attempts
                                to frustrate the process of Brexit.

If I detect an easy target I might myself stand, knowing that I'll be supported by a majority of right thinking political activists on this forum. I know Bruce, that I can count on you.

Comment

It might not have been reported in the Telegraph John, but UKIP are currently haemorrhaging support faster than the Labour party. Turns out it wasn't just a one trick pony, it wholly revolved around one person too. Who knew??

As predicted above, they now have no MP's again. No great surprise there.

Still, good luck in your political ambitions. Fortunately, you won't be standing in any constituency I will be able to vote in!!

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40047762

I'm sure long standing fan boy JG can spare a shilling or two for this man having fallen so far from his previous "highs"......
                                    Last edited by Moggy C; 31st May 2017, 08:29.

Comment

Prophetic? Will Britain soon be separated and skint too?
                                      WA$.

Comment

Like him or loathe him, I cannot think of another single person that has made such a contribution and changed the course of the UK in such a profound way in the last 50 years. Almost single handedly through his mouthpiece the UKIP he has forced the UK political system to have to change the direction the country was heading in and to that effect has changed the major political parties to reflect their policies.
                                        He may no longer be a relevance and his party is now a ship without a firm hand on the rudder, but that he is still there, and people do still listen to what he has to say relevant or not... If that wasn't the case, then why does he still get airtime?

Comment

Watch out Tony. You'll have Moggy with his much celebrated sense of humour on your case !

Comment

Working...
                                          X