Goodbye Mr. Tom ? No. Goodbye Mr. Vaz

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

I'm amazed that no one on the forum has picked up on the current story of the political demise of Keith Vaz. He of the bland, oily, smug, smarmy, oleaginous, hypocritical disposition.

According to media reports, He has been caught both metaphorically and literally with his pants down. What a disgusting image. The right wing leaning Daily Mirror - I jest - has revealed that Mr. Vaz, a married family man has, allegedlly, been consorting with various undesirables such as male prostitutes and as a consequence of these activities has gained a reputation of not being fit for purpose.

Mr. Vaz is/was the Chairman of the Home Affairs Committee. The last news that I saw was that he was being invited to review his future! Let us hope that he doesn't have one.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

As long as he is doing his job, I don't care what he does with his private life.

If he isn't doing his job, or is using expenses to cover his private life, that is a different issue. As scandals go, its one that Labour can easily ignore right now!!

Bruce

Member for

13 years

Bruce, I'm staggered by your comment.

The person in question has had - to put it mildly - a somewhat chequered and very questionable political past which necessarily reflects on the present and possibly the future.

This person has been shown to be 'economical with the truth' to say the least. At the time of just one incident involving Asian industrialists he, citing convenient medical reasons resigned from his post as a Minister of the Crown.

Rumour and incident have followed this person around for at least 25 years that I know of. The sum total of it all is that we have a politician currently holding the Chairmanship of an important House of Commons committee who has been shown to be dishonest, untrustworthy and capable of malfeasance.

If he is untrustworthy and dishonest in his private life does that not suggest to you that he could be equally so in his public life ? There have been problems relating to his claims for an MP's expenses and those relating to various properties.

It isn't expecting too much to expect that MP's should like Caesar's wife; 'be above suspicion'. That is very much not the case with this particular example of political lowlife.

Member for

24 years 3 months

So much rumour and incident that he is still returned at every vote?

Your initial post was suggestive that you didn't like him as a result of his sexual leanings. That was kind of my point. I don't care whose bed he shares as long as he does his job. His fidelity is a matter for his family.

Regardless, its still small beer for Labour right now.

Bruce

Member for

13 years

See if he can get me some classA drugs then Bruce

Member for

10 years 8 months

It isn't expecting too much to expect that MP's should like Caesar's wife; 'be above suspicion'. That is very much not the case with this particular example of political lowlife.

One wonders if this would have made John froth at the mouth so much had this not been involved the political left...
Does he remember Edwina Currie and her affair with the grey man? How about Jerry Hayes and his extramarital affair with an 18 year old man (at a time when the homosexual age of consent was 21) despite the fact he was married? During the Back to Basics campaign Tim Yeo had a 'love child', after telling the country that more needed to be done to reduce the number of single parent families. Then there is Lord Caithness, Malcolm Sinclair, whose wife killed herself when it came to light that he had been having an affair. Or David Mellor, his football shirt and extramarital affair, plus his connections to the PLO? Do I really need to mention the 'delightful' Jeffrey Archer? Or Cecil Parkinson? What about Lord Lambton, whose associations with prostitutes also caught out Earl George Jellicoe and his 'few casual affairs' with call girls?

The above are just the recent sex scandals from the Conservatives - if we were to examine business and financial irregularities then we would need more space and repeated doses of caffeine to suspend boredom, but the question still remains: shouldn't all of these politicians also have been considered above suspicion in their roles as representatives of the people, not to mention ministers of government?

Member for

13 years

Yes.

Member for

17 years 6 months

The charity is also looking into one of their staff making the payments for him, let's face it, he has cocked up and this could all be a right pain in the **** for his career prospects.

That said, though some say it shouldn't effect his job, I cannot see how he can chair a committee looking at prostitution legislation whilst actively engaging in it.

One thinks he will have to fall onto his sword, pork or otherwise.

Member for

13 years

An admission regarding the use of illegal drugs should put an extra edge on that sword.

Member for

13 years

Bruce

My concern is not with this persons sexual preferences. My concern, as with any politician, is with his alleged corruption while in public office.

Member for

10 years 8 months

Although his looking out for political corruption usually involves trying to avoid drawing attention to it...

Member for

18 years 2 months

Ah, the truth will out they say and it has big time for Mr Vaz the closet Buccaneer... :highly_amused:

What I find surprising is just how the chequered past of Mr Vaz, nicknamed “Vaseline” because of his ability to deftly slip away from incoming trouble whenever it hove's into view.

Wiki show all...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Vaz

Perhaps he should change his nickname from Vaseline to K-Y Jello, as it slips off the tongue a treat...

Best regards

Stu.

Member for

10 years 8 months

...K-Y Jello...

Didn't know you were a septic...

Member for

18 years 2 months

Do you mean sceptic or septic?

If its the former, generally yes, if its the latter, well I've shook hands with both types, one lost me a toe, due to Type 1 Diabetes for 54 years and I've cleaned a few of the others as well as working in sewers, wet wells and Sewage pumping stations for 6 years in human waste up to one's knees and more, after a couple of days the excitement wears off :highly_amused:

Best regards

Stu...

Member for

10 years 8 months

'tis rhyming slang...