Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Photographer of the Year

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Aug 2013

Weather Photographer of the Year

The Royal Meteorological Society and The Royal Photographic Society have announced the finalists of the 2016 Weather Photographer of the Year competition. Drawn from more than 800 entries, in two age categories, the judges are now asking the public to pick a winner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-36990916
    Some marvellous images, a few examples:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]247537[/ATTACH]
    The image was taken in Punta Banco, a small village on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, and shows a very rare type of lightning called a sprite.
    The storm was far out at sea during a new Moon, so there was very little light. And, as a result, the stars were spectacular. I set up the frame to include the pulsing storm and the Milky Way as I liked the contrast. Just after I started the 30-second exposure, this sprite strike illuminated the sky, shooting up into the atmosphere, my jaw dropped, and I assumed that it would have blown out the image, but I was thrilled to witness it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]247538[/ATTACH]
    Having followed this storm up the A1 road, we finally found ourselves following it, with the setting Sun illuminating the mammatus clouds on its back edge.
    This was taken at the first lay-by we found between Tadcaster and York, away from the A64, with the sweep of the road acting as a perfect guide for the eye towards the centre of the storm. How could you not grab the camera from the boot and photograph this scene?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]247539[/ATTACH]
    On the hills, we were shrouded until late morning, when a clear way emerged along the ridge towards Foel Fras in the Carneddau, Snowdonia.
    Attached Files
  • Larry66
    Hangar bout lad!
    • Oct 2005

I could add to that
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_08-11-07.41.59.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	3669685
    What I know about planes you could write on the back of a beer mat, but I'm looking for bigger beer mats!
    My photos
    http://stumm47.deviantart.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
    X